Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yet another fan addition to the EGO shop

5 posters

Go down

Yet another fan addition to the EGO shop Empty Yet another fan addition to the EGO shop

Post by sournote103 Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:34 pm

Yes, I know GS has the soulsmithing system and all of its peripherals balanced pretty well, but I had a random thought because that is just what my brain does.
The idea: a type of items similar to Epiphany Shards which can be used to imbue a character with some of the traits of a specific humor for a short time (like a few minutes at most probably). These sort of overlap with Epiphany Shards to an extent, though Epiphany Shards can only be used during Relationshifts and create a specific reaction at a specific moment, whereas this thing I thought of affects only one character more subtly over a slightly longer period of time. I guess the effect would be sort of like if someone with a Note capsule of the desired humor were nearby?
These items which I really should name could also probably be able to temporarily give characters a watered-down version the effects of deluxe Soul Capsules.

So yeah that was just kind of a thing that popped into my head. You may now brutally criticize it to your heart's content.
sournote103
sournote103
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Yet another fan addition to the EGO shop Empty Re: Yet another fan addition to the EGO shop

Post by Shailsnic Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:08 pm

....Aren't things like that called "emotions" friend?
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Yet another fan addition to the EGO shop Empty Re: Yet another fan addition to the EGO shop

Post by sournote103 Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:09 pm

[quote="Shailsnic"]....Aren't things like that called "emotions" friend?[/quote

Well it would allow soulsmiths to induce a specific reaction and I DON'T EVEN KNOW LIKE I LISTEN TO MY EMOTIONS.
sournote103
sournote103
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:10 pm

sournote103 wrote:
Shailsnic wrote:....Aren't things like that called "emotions" friend?

Well it would allow soulsmiths to induce a specific reaction and I DON'T EVEN KNOW LIKE I LISTEN TO MY EMOTIONS.

but we can easily do stuff like that by entering a command like this!

BB: Feel guilty

BB: Act smart for once

Last edited by Shailsnic on Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:11 pm

You're not the only one with an idea for a shop, actually. Well, my idea's more of a clinic... I sent GS a whole slew of questions I'd come up with and stuff about my idea, and I'm not sure if there's much point in talking about it until he answers (sorry again for the ridiculous textwall, if/when/prolly-if you ever see this post, Gestalt!! >.<; ), but the base concept is a clinic for helping characters recuperate from Schisms and stuff. ^_^; I'm pretty sure I might've mentioned at least a little about it in the Soulsmith's Workshop characters-in-progress thread, and trust me, you most likely do not want me to copy-paste the huge text-wall I sent GS, but, argh, I'm not making any sense, am I... If you wanna hear/read more, say so, if not, say so, either way's fine with me.

Okay. Time to focus. Your idea seems pretty valid to me... As long as it's balanced, of course. Used properly, we'd probably be able to boost characters' morale and stuff if I'm interpreting this right...

Basically, your shop would sell... uh.... Let me think. When using a Deluxe Soul Capsule - Note Type, the naming thing is: "Note of <Humor>". ...So... Umm... Would you be selling... "melodies"? Does that make any sense at all...? ^.^;
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by sournote103 Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:17 pm

arcaneScribbler wrote:Okay. Time to focus. Your idea seems pretty valid to me... As long as it's balanced, of course. Used properly, we'd probably be able to boost characters' morale and stuff if I'm interpreting this right...

Basically, your shop would sell... uh.... Let me think. When using a Deluxe Soul Capsule - Note Type, the naming thing is: "Note of <Humor>". ...So... Umm... Would you be selling... "melodies"? Does that make any sense at all...? ^.^;

That is a valid use for it as I originally thought of it. It could also be used with, for example, Logos to help a character think more logically or Vision to give them a burst of inspiration.
The name Melodies could work. In lieu of anything else anyway.
sournote103
sournote103
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:21 pm

Alright enough joking around on my end, I think I know what you're talking about. Basically invoke a sort of feeling into that character. Clear mind, anxiety, annoyance, etc. Stuff like that right?
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by sournote103 Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:26 pm

Shailsnic wrote:Alright enough joking around on my end, I think I know what you're talking about. Basically invoke a sort of feeling into that character. Clear mind, anxiety, annoyance, etc. Stuff like that right?

Something along those lines, yeah. I should probably go through with each humor and say what it would do in this context.
sournote103
sournote103
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:28 pm

That'd be helpful yes, though please not that those are pretty much lesser forms of emotions, making it sorta hard for it to really work on emotionless characters, but entirely possible. Have positives and negatives for each one as well.
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by sournote103 Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:37 pm

Okay, so here's what all of the humors would do in this context:

-Shine: Inspires optimism, but can make characters somewhat overconfident
-Ardent: Amplifies a character's love and passion, but can cause overreaction
-Aegis: Helps a character hold fast to his or her beliefs, but can cause stubbornness
-Mend: Helps a character empathize with others, but makes the character easy to persuade
-Flow: Promotes patience, but can cause apathy and laziness
-Vision: Inspires creativity, but can cloud rational thought
-Logos: Promotes rational thought, but can cause coldness and harsh decisions
-Dire: NO
-Turnabout: Promotes spontaneity, but lowers inhibitions
-Sanguine: Promotes adventurousness, but can cause foolhardiness
-Blithe: Promotes gregariousness, but can cause shallowness
-Sublime: Inspires showmanship, but can cause melodramatic behavior
-Valor: Promotes composure, but can cause callousness
-Insight: Promotes ambition, but can cause ruthlessness
-Relief: Promotes sincerity, but can cause excessive and unwanted levels of sincerity
-Concord: Promotes perceptiveness, but can cause nosiness
-Promotes practicality, but can stifle creativity

These are just sort of my preliminary thoughts and some can likely be improved upon.

Last edited by sournote103 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
sournote103
sournote103
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:46 pm

Wellp, you've officially caught and held my interest, lol! I got some sugar in me so now I'm thinking a little more clearly.

...Hmm... Turnabout... Maybe it would make people be random or spontaneous? Or be, like when you split-mix with Turnabout, random in and of themselves, and using them would therefore be a gamble since you never know which Humor it'll end up imitating until you've already used it. Wink How's that?
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Todd Ingram Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:48 pm

Maybe instead of a shop that sells this, there can be a mod that uses Epiphany Shards to have those influences on characters?
Todd Ingram
Todd Ingram
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by sournote103 Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:51 pm

arcaneScribbler wrote:Wellp, you've officially caught and held my interest, lol! I got some sugar in me so now I'm thinking a little more clearly.

...Hmm... Turnabout... Maybe it would make people be random or spontaneous? Or be, like when you split-mix with Turnabout, random in and of themselves, and using them would therefore be a gamble since you never know which Humor it'll end up imitating until you've already used it. Wink How's that?

I really like the idea of Turnabout producing random and spontaneous behavior. It's not really accounted for in any of the other humors and is sort of a benefit and a drawback in one.

Todd I. wrote:Maybe instead of a shop that sells this, there can be a mod that uses Epiphany Shards to have those influences on characters?

That also works. I can see it working as an item or just being an alternate use for Epiphany Shards.
sournote103
sournote103
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:55 pm

Yeah, I think a Mod or alternate use would be more useful, having a full blown shop doesn't seem worth it.

If it DOES become an item, my suggestion is that it is called Tone
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:59 pm

Todd I. wrote:Maybe instead of a shop that sells this, there can be a mod that uses Epiphany Shards to have those influences on characters?

But that would only apply to Relationshifts, right? Plus, IMHO, the more shops we've got, the better! The EGO shops are currently our only real window into what the SoulSmiths-Plane looks/is like, and I really like all the shopkeepers we've met so far~... The more this part of the story develops, the more we'll get to see, and the idea of that excites me (plus, for some reason it kind of reminds me of Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2/Dark Chronicle, rebuilding and reshaping lost towns into something even better than they were before~...)!

Ooh, Tone is pretty much the PERFECT word for it, isn't it? Shail, you are awesome!
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamscythes231 Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:41 am

I really think that bob-Angie could sell these too plus epiphany shards.
It's basically an extension of those I think.
Dreamscythes231
Dreamscythes231
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down