Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Chara Cabana: RP as your characters in a cafe-like setting!

+3
Captain Combusken
Harvest Ty
Todd Ingram
7 posters

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

The Chara Cabana: RP as your characters in a cafe-like setting! - Page 17 Empty Re: The Chara Cabana: RP as your characters in a cafe-like setting!

Post by CrimsonMage Wed May 01, 2013 10:20 am

Dusk heard talking. Not booming sounds like before, just talking. He walked towards the direction. Yep, it was definitely louder this direction. In fact, he thought he could find the door it was coming from...

Dusk opened the door. Inside he saw that boo from earlier, not really of concern, a glowing eyed skeletal looking Puni, could be dealt with later, and... a boy? He did look strangely familiar, but it was just a boy.

Well, there was another Puni in there, might as well ask him. Dusk cautiously entered the room.
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

The Chara Cabana: RP as your characters in a cafe-like setting! - Page 17 Empty Re: The Chara Cabana: RP as your characters in a cafe-like setting!

Post by arcaneScribbler Wed May 01, 2013 11:37 am

A small gray critter wriggles her way free of the blanket she was tangled in soon after the "blob of warmth" Jabbers had said was an Ember puts her down.

She wonders why getting mind-floated about always feels so funny and tingly...

"Thanks, mister or mrs. Ember," the critter, now revealed to be a female Puni, says gratefully, looking at a spot off to the living flame's left. "Is Jabbers okay??"

The Jabbi in question seems to be highly dazed, though luckily conscious.

~

It's really dark inside, with the light spilling in from the hallway providing most of the illumination.

The boy Dusk found familiar goes still as a statue as the door to the room opens to reveal said Twilighter, his hand frozen halfway to where the door knob had been mere moments before.

"Uhhh... S-Skully, a little help here...!" he says nervously, inching away.

"Whatever mischief you've wrought is your own fault, Pudini. Handle it yourself," the skeletal Puni chides, "Besides, I am already dealing with this Boo."

...Did he just call the boy "Pudini"?
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Wed May 01, 2013 12:36 pm

...Could she really not tell his gender just by his voice? ...Maybe she wasn't thinking about it, probably worried about her friend.

"Yeah, he's fine," said the Ember, floating towards the bench and out of the rain, "he just seemed to be a little out of it, might need a bit of rest."

As the distance between the Ember and bench became smaller and smaller, he noticed a problem. There was only JUST enough room to fit around four people or so. As of right now there was one empty space, the hat and bag took up two spaces already. The final space was occupied by the Goomba Moringo.

With a sigh, he set down the basket that contained the blanket and Puni upon the bench.

"Gonna set you down for a second, hold on," he told her, doing exactly as he said he would. Setting her upon the bench he got a semi-better look at her. On her there were eyes dark enough to be considered ash and a colorful ball attatched to her head. He couldn't make out the rest due to the blanket obstructing his view of the rest of her body.

Considering the condition of her eyes and the fact she couldn't see her friend's condtion, the Ember made the assumption she was blind. He knew how these people worked, not wanting to be treated any differently than a regular person. So, he was going to do just that, treat her normally.

"Here, have this hat for a moment," he said, proceeding to put the slightly damp hat on her before she could object. It obviously didn't fit, being bigger than herself. Hopefully the slight dampness wouldn't bother her too much.

Afterwards, he took the bag. Like the hat, it was slightly damp, it was also sslightly heavier than he expected. There was probably a package or something inside of it that the bob-omb needed to deliver.

He set the Jabby down upon the far side of the bench, leaving enough space between the Basket Puni and the Jabby to be able to have a seat. He had a feeling they wouldn't like being seperated by a ball of fire, but he still needed to dry the objects off. He pulled the strap of the bag over the Jabby's head so that he was now wearing it.

There, now he could sit do-erm... float in a designated space. So, that is exactly what he did, he floated once more in the spot he had just been in earlier, still feeling slight stings from the rain earlier.
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Wed May 01, 2013 3:30 pm

((Sorry this one's so short... It was mostly done on my phone, and I need to leave for class soon, so... That and I currently only have Shail to reply to, lol.))

".... @.@; "

"That's a relief... What are you doing out here in the rain, though? Water hurts folk like you, right?" the Puni girl asks, little sparks of rainbow light flickering in and out of sight in her odd dark-gray glow-ball as she settles herself beneath the hat.
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Wed May 01, 2013 4:17 pm

EheheBoops...Sorry...Um I can't move so umm.

It's clear that Boondaid listening in of the conversation was completely unintended, in fact Boondaid was wating nervoulsy for the strange power that held him to give so that he could flee.

----------
Moringo meanwhile decided to hop off the bench, opting to approach the Jabby.
Uhh...Hi?
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Wed May 01, 2013 6:22 pm

Dusk looked at the "boy" he saw earlier.

Did he just call you... Pudini?

Dusk glared at the "boy" and walked towards him slowly.

Do you have any idea where my journal is?
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Wed May 01, 2013 9:18 pm

"Yep, it does. I like the rain though," he replied. It's true, he always found the rain appealing to him. While he couldn't touch it, the sounds it made were... soothing. He felt as if the bob-omb understood how he felt. It certainly seemed like it.

He took a sideways glance at the Puni girl. She seemed comfortable under the hat despite its dampness. It'll dry soon enough anyway.
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Wed May 01, 2013 9:42 pm

"...You got caught in Pudini's barrier, didn't you..." Punskull sighs, ignoring the currently-transformed Dupli-Puni in question in favor of walking over to the trapped Boo and doing... something. Those ember-like red eyes of his glow for a moment and Boondaid abruptly comes free of the wall with a sharp little *pop!*.

"There."

Meanwhile, the "boy" currently being loomed over by a determined Twilighter clenches his fists, eyes narrowed and flickering back and forth between a "natural" amber-brown and blazing orange.

"Shut up, abandoner. You don't scaaare meee-- Tch!"

Wanting nothing more than to get away and try to keep hold of his current state of mind for as long as he can, Pudini opts to simply attempt to headbutt Dusk back out into the hallway.

((...My mental image is of Dusk not budging an inch, lol, but that's up to you, Crimson~.))

~

"..........Mmnnngh... @.@; " the stunned Boggler groans, otherwise unresposive.

"I like the sound it makes," the Puni girl trills softly, "It's very soothing. It never rained inside the Great Tree, so rain always seems new to me... You should probably be careful about going out in it, though, especially if it hurts you!"

~

Meanwhile, off on another side of the building, Puuntail has finally managed to free himself from the bush he fell into with China's help.
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Wed May 01, 2013 9:51 pm

...Thanks. Boondaid says with a hint of apologeticness. So umm...what's up with your friend anyway...? Boondaid asks the boney Puni, in a whispered tone.
-----
Moringo tenatively pokes the Boggly boggled Jabby in hopes to rouse him.

---------
China looks at Puuntail sadly, she had left her notebook upstairs, once again losing her mode of communication.
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Wed May 01, 2013 11:46 pm

Dusk slipped backwards a bit, startled by the "boy" charging him. It was not, however, enough to get him out of the hallway. While struggling to keep him back, Dusk somehow found the time to say,

Look, you have caused me a lot of trouble. My plans will be set back another day because of you. I will not, however, try to hurt you if you give me back my journal now.
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Thu May 02, 2013 12:27 am

"...Normally I am," the Ember responded, looking back into the distance again, "it was either go out in the rain or leave you struggling in a blanket and a semi-conscious Jabbi in the mud. I didn't feel like seeing that really."

He closed his eyes. Listening to the rain pitter-patter against the ground. All he really needed to do at this point was just sit back, and relax...
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

((Sorry I took so long to answer, was kind of idea-less for this last night.))

~Outdoors - Chara Cabana Grounds - Inn Gardens ~

"Thanks. I guess trying to *squeak* cool was kind of a stupid thing to do..." the embarrassed Tapuunki squeaks, awkwardly shaking himself like a wet dog (but without the crazy enthusiasm) to dislodge a few stray twigs and leaves from his person.

"Especially with an injured paw... *squeak*, and after you helped bandage it..."

He's favoring that leg, keeping his left hind foot off the ground as much as possible.

~Outdoors - Street - Chara Cabana Shopfront~

Nearby, a dazed Jabbi mumbles incoherently while his Puni companion gives a little nod of thanks and agreement.

"I'd do the same thing if I wasn't so useless with the hands-on stuff," the Puni girl says, "Oh, and my name's Punelipi, by the way! My friend's Jabberwonky, though nearly everybody just calls him Jabbers. What's yours, Mister-or-Mrs. Ember?"

~Chara Cabana - Inn - Punskull's Room/Hallway~

"It depends on what you want to know," Punskull answers blithely, continuing to ignore Pudini and Dusk.

"I don't haaave it, Dusky~," the 'boy' trills in a strained tone, continuing to fruitlessly push against the Twilighter in an attempt to get by him, "Not wiiith me."

He suddenly pulls back, eyes settling to an amber reddish-orangeish muddle, and readies himself to charge again.

If you want it..."

CHAAARGE!

"You'll just..."

Impact.

"Have to..."

Push. Struggle.

Wait for me..."

Struggle. Growl.

"To GET IT."

SHOVE!

((And into the hallway Dusk goes, maybe? All up to you, Crimson. ..Has he noticed the oddness about Pudini yet?))
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Thu May 02, 2013 5:46 pm

...Sorry this proboolly isn't my business... Boondaid laughs a little.

Say...have you seen a Micro-Goomba in a question block? She ran off with some puni who had a tail...

---------------
China looks at Puuntail apologetically. She feels as if maybe she drove him off, but she has no way to express it.
------------
Moringo decides to head into the Cabana, seeing the Ember and the punu are in discussion, he needed to find China and Boondaid.
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Thu May 02, 2013 6:19 pm

Dusk was pushed much farther back, almost into the hallway, and was still getting pushed back. Maybe because of Pudini's sudden burst of energy, or perhaps because he was preoccupied thinking about something. The "boy" seemed to of suddenly changed tone to something more... sane didn't seem like the right word, but it would have to do.

As he was pondering this he got pushed into the hallway.
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Thu May 02, 2013 8:33 pm

"..Magne" he said after a few moments. It seemed as if he wasn't entirely there anymore... He was pretty deep in thought by the looks of it.
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Fri May 03, 2013 4:15 pm

((Sorry for the super delayed reply!!))

"...I did not see her myself, but I know the Puni you mentioned," Punskull answers, wincing a bit at the increased amount of light spilling into the room from the hallway as Dusk and the 'human boy' shoving him tumble clear of the entrance.

"Shut the door. ...Anyway, the person you're looking for is likely wherever the Puni is. Try her room, or the area outside its window, perhaps. He likes to use them as exits."

The skeletal Puni turns away. "If that's all you want, then go away."

Meanwhile, Pudini seizes his chance and slips past Dusk, yanking the hallway door closed behind him (much to Punskull's immense relief) and slipping past the Twilighter only to disappear into the room next door (that isn't Dusk's). He doesn't seem to have locked it...

~

"No, you didn't drive me off," Puuntail squeaks out in what sounds almost like a laugh, "And I'm not psychic or anything either. Repunzi gets that same *squeak* on her face all the time... I, *squeak*, I just figured I should go book my own room already, and also *squeak* on Punskull and Pudini and see if Punelipi or Jabberwonky have shown up... S-sneaking in and out of places is sort of *squeak* what I do."

((He was trying to impress her, I think? I honestly don't even know... ^.^; ))

~

The Puni girl somehow manages to make a face even without a visible mouth.

"Magne? Like Magnus? One of those X-Naut people who attacked the Great Tree?" Punelipi asks sharply, eyes narrowed.
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Fri May 03, 2013 6:21 pm

Dusk stopped staring off into space for a moment. The puni's possible split-personality disorder was not the current problem, the journal was. Dusk attempted to open the door Pudini slipped through.
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Sat May 04, 2013 10:40 pm

He didn't answer at first... he seemed to just... gaze off...

Then he processed that he was being accused of something.

"...who the heck are they?" He turned, asking with a confused look.

"...Whoever they are, I'm probably not related, I've had this name my whole life."

He looked back into the distance once more... it was only a few moments before he spoke again.

"Ever hear of the Element Magnesium? It has a white flame when someone lights it on fire."
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Sun May 05, 2013 1:18 am

Boondaid nods in thanks, silently floating away, the puni looked like he was done.
-----------
China completely buys into what Puuntail says. She starts to take the lead, heading for the Cabana entrance, but not before passing by a White Ember. The flames obscur her sight of Punelipi though so she heads inside.

(Sorry I took so long. I kinda couldn't get any idea in my head. Also just got The World Ends With You. )
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Tue May 07, 2013 7:50 pm

((Herp derp. Sorry I've been so quiet on here... I'm gonna post explaining WHY I've been so gone from the forums in my scribblings thread after this. ^.^; ))

The door opens easily, allowing Dusk inside. The room has a single bed, it seems, with one of those weird-looking step-stool things to accomodate the more diminutive species of Mushroom World nudged up against its side for easy access. Magic Pens in a dizzying variety of colors sprawl across the bedspread, arranged in loose groupings by hue and shade.

...Sheesh, how many of these things does this Puni have? There are even multiples of colors that probably get a lot of use sitting off to the side in piles!

As for the strange individual Dusk is pursuing, he seems to have reverted to Puni form, still hatless. There's dark scarring along the previously-hidden portion of his antenna...

"....."

He's got a black Magic Pen in his mouth, slowly dragging it across a large blank sheet of paper spread across the floor.

Sheesh, how'd he move so fast to set all this up? Hmm, maybe he already had everything laid out this way earlier...

~

"...Hmph."

Once the Boo has left, the skeletal Puni sighs, staring at his closed door.

"......Guess I'll try to get my own food. Again."

~

"H-hey, Chinablos*sk*, w-wait up! *squeak*" Puuntail calls, actually managing to forget to shapeshift for once as he chases after her. Huh.

"Oh, sorry, I just assumed," Punelipi is saying, then pauses.

She just heard a VERY familiar voice, complete with a squeak she knows quite well.

The Puni girl takes a deep breath, and...

"HI PUUNTAIL!!!!"

"*SQUEEEEEEEAAAAAAK!!!*"

The poor Tapuunki jumps in surprise and ends up accidentally doing the Tanoomba balloon thing and smacking his head into the awning over the Cabana doors...
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Tue May 07, 2013 8:28 pm

China ends up jumping in surprise as well. She dashes right back outside a dark shadiw above the Entrance. It appears that Punelipi had returned to the Cabana and it seems she was the sorce of the noise. But...Where was Puuntail!?
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Tue May 07, 2013 9:15 pm

You.

Dusk walked towards the Puni calmly. He knew the Puni could escape, but perhaps we could wear him out.
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Fri May 10, 2013 7:20 pm

Puuntail is right above Chinablosque, having just slammed into the restaurant's awning via accidental Tanaoomba-balloon-trick.

Unfortunately for the two 'Coon-tailed individuals outside the Cabana, what goes up must come down...

*THUD.*

" *.....squeeeeaaaak.....* "

"....Whoops."

~

The abnormally pale-skinned Puni ignores the Twilighter utterly, continuing to drag his pen across the page.

...Is that supposed to be some kind of tower, maybe...?
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Fri May 10, 2013 7:38 pm

Dusk tapped Pudini's shoulder.

Boo.

There was absolutely not humor in his voice.

~

Yet another Puni walked through the doors of the Cabana. He had a large (for him) bag resting upon his back.

Last edited by CrimsonMage on Tue May 14, 2013 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Mon May 13, 2013 10:22 pm

"...was it REALLY necessary to have that loud of a yell? Seemed like you scared the kid half to death."
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next