Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Chara Cabana: RP as your characters in a cafe-like setting!

+3
Captain Combusken
Harvest Ty
Todd Ingram
7 posters

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

The Chara Cabana: RP as your characters in a cafe-like setting! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Chara Cabana: RP as your characters in a cafe-like setting!

Post by arcaneScribbler Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:35 pm

((I'd say go off to bed, so we can help the Bob-Omb?))
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

The Chara Cabana: RP as your characters in a cafe-like setting! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Chara Cabana: RP as your characters in a cafe-like setting!

Post by Harvest Ty Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:40 pm

(Okay~)

China tail suddenly stretches, as if she were yawning. She coils her tail around the pencil and writes some more.

Oh...Sorry I'm really tired. I made trip all the way from the Dry Dry Desert and I'm pooped...Maybe we can talk some more tomorrow?

(Assume she leaves after they respond)
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:48 pm

...Of course it would be the wrong one. Nodding once more, the bob-omb once again made his way to the bar.

After a whole bunch of shenanigans (and by that I mean him making gestures and failing) involving the Noki and access to the backroom. The bob-omb had come back once more, a tad bit more annoyed before, and this time with a much bigger sheet of paper stuck under his fusebox. He couldn't see a thing! Alas though, he couldn't really remove the paper, so instead he went towards what he hoped was the general direction in which the cloaked man was located.
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:14 am

((GAH lost my WHOLE post to a momentary crash!))

The little Puni girl nods, backing off and trilling a sweet little "See-- hehe~-- you in the morning, Miss Chi~!" as the micro-Goomba leaves to go rest in her room for the night.

Once she's out of sight and earshot, Jabbers chuckles. "I see you've picked out your target already, huh? Think it'll be tough?"

"I don't care whether it's difficult or not, silly, you know that... It isn't right for a sweet girl like her to be cowering in a little box all her life... My first goal'll be to coax her out of it for even a few seconds, then we'll work from there, helping her become confident in herself... What about you, Jabbers, anyone catch your eye?"

"No, no visible injuries or ilnesses on anyone here," the Jabbi answers, sounding the tiniest bit disappointed, "but the Bob-Omb who helped us get in before looks to be having some trouble..."

"Hehe, the one who guessed our special knock by accident? I like him."

"So do I, I think. I'm going to go give him a hand; stay put, alright?"

"No promises~."

With that and a sigh, Jabbers hops-and-glides his way over to the Bob-Omb and lifts the map off of his face using his beak.

"Need a hand there, sir?"

Last edited by arcaneScribbler on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:21 am

Gaining the ability to see, the bob-omb blinks a little. He looks towards his savior from potential embarrassment. Giving the happiest look he can muster, he nods.

Looking towards the cloaked man, he provides a gesture towards him, as if asking the Jabbi to take the paper to him, then looks back at the Jabbi.
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:25 am

"Sure."

Jabbers takes the map over to the antisocial Twilight Town-er, not even bothering to try and meet the man's gaze or engage him in conversation, and then hop-glides back over to the Bob-Omb.

"Glad to help. I'm Jabberwonky, Jabbers for short. What's your name, sir?"
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:31 am

Instead of actually acknowledging the question, the bob-omb in question looks towards the Puni from earlier, she seems to just be standing there. Looking around he notices no one else other than himself, the Puni, and the Jabbi are in the main area. Even the owners seem to have gone to sleep!

Figuring this is as good a time as any, he heads towards the Puni.
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:47 am

Dusk looked at the Jabbi who helped him. He yawned and walked away towards his room. He was done with these shenanigans.
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:54 am

"...Another mute, huh," Jabbers mutters to himself under his breath. "What a weird coincidence."

The Puni turns to face the sound of footsteps, her keen hearing picking up on her friend's gently flapping wings as well.

"Hello! Are you the Bob-Omb that helped us get inside?" she asks. "My name's Punelipi, what's yours, Mister?"

((BTW yes, these two are probably older than the ages they're usually acting. Jabbers wants to be a doctor/physical therapist, Punelipi a councilor. :3 It's easier to break the ice if you take advantage of your small size to let people assume you're a child~))
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:06 am

There it was again, the same question that he's been asked twice today already. While he's starting to feel sorta bad for constantly not answering it, there's still nothing he can do about it whatsoever.

He taps his foot once, as confirmation, but leaves it at that. He looks over towards the Jabbi, then gestures with his head towards the Puni, as if wanting him to do or say something....
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:23 am

"Look Mister, I'm good at taking hints, but I'm no psychic," Jabbers grumbles, beginning to get a bit miffed.

"Also if you don't write down your name or something soon I'm just gonna call you Star-Butt forever."

"Pffft...! *snrk...* Pftheeheeheeheehee~..." Punelipi giggles away at the teasing nickname, her antenna ball glowing again. Hey, aren't those the same colors as the Crystal Stars...?

((Something I'm toying with with her is whether to have a rainbow of colors on her antenna ball or the Crystal Star colors... If I treat it as a mood ring, though, I could feasibly do BOTH, couldn't I?))
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:32 am

(If you do it properly I don't see why you couldn't do both.)

The bomb looks directly at the Jabbi, not at all concealing the bored expression upon his face. Is it really that hard to understand a lack of hands? I mean his friend lacks them so it really shouldn't-

He notices the glow the antennae now gives, as well as the now giggling Puni. He gives what one might describe as a mouth-less smile. He directs himself back on the topic of a name though, looking at the Jabbi once more, he makes an attempt to show a lack of arms and hands, leaning on his left and wiggling, then his right and wiggling.
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:38 am

The odd Jabbi seems to get it this time.

"Mister. GOOMBAS can write. Other Bob-Ombs can write. I can write. 'Neli is blind and she can somehow still write. Have you ever even tried it before?"

((It makes sense in my head...))

"So he's a great big boom-ball with a biiig star on his butt..." Punelipi giggles to herself in amusement.

((EDIT: 1 this does make sense when you consider video game logic, 2 ugh I can barely keep my eyes open... goodnight...))
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:45 am

(Night! We'll decide how this little meeting went over PMs later I guess.)

End of day 1?

EDIT: Within the following spoiler is the rest of the events of the day, the ones that were finished up within PMs

Spoiler:

Last edited by Shailsnic on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added the rest of the events of the first day.)
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Combusken Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:15 am

(I would say yes. I'll start day 2 then!)
Chi woke up in his bed. He quickly realised that something was wrong, however. The bed was different. He sat up and inspected the room he was in. It too was different. Chi was still waking up, so he was still a little sleepy and groggy, but eventually he worked out what had happened. After his visit to the toilet, he'd gone to the bar and ordered a drink, before going to bed. He vaguely remembered it costing him nothing, but he wasn't sure how exactly he'd managed that. He put on his Cloak and shades and headed to the main area of the cabana.

There was only one person in the main area, and the Yoshi's eyes widened a bit beneath his shades as he realised who it was. A couple of times, Chi's investigations happened at the palace, and here was one of the workers here. They'd spent quite a bit of time together. over the in investigations. Chi remembered that he was called Cooper. He tapped on the Koopa's arm lightly, and the Koopa stirred, eventually waking ip.

Good morning Cooper. I bet you recognise me, right?

The Koopa was still sleepy, but he was pleasantly surprised to see the orange Yoshi.

Yes, I do bro! You're Chi, right? You're a cool dude.
Thank you! I don't suppose there's any way in which I can help at the palace?
Nah man, stuff is pretty cool beans. What's the day today? I should probably go back to the palace.
It's Thursday.
Oh man, that's cool. I got a day off today.

The Yoshi and Koopa continued chatting in the empty bar. It was good to talk to old acquaintances.

((Feel free to join Chi and Koopa's conversation. Oh, and I'm just wondering whether or not at some point we should have a crisis of some sort?))
Captain Combusken
Captain Combusken
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:25 am

((I wouldn't mind a crisis really, but we'll have to see how things play out before one can be determined no?))

Once again the bob-omb opened the double doors and entered the establishment. Today was the second day that he was going to work here. He decided to get here early today, being a good employee who's willing to work even in the early mornings is always a good thing.

Looking around he noticed the boastful cape-wearing Yoshi from yesterday was back at the Cabana once more. He seemed to be talking with a Koopa Knight, a lazy expression was pretty clear upon his face. The bob-omb makes the assumption that the Koopa is a pretty chill guy, probably patient as well. By the looks of it the Koopa seems happy to see the Yoshi and is in conversation.

The bomb can tell that these customers will be a lot more pleasant than the two he took the orders of yesterday. Eager to get started, he made his way towards the pair...
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Combusken Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:48 am

Chi's attention was drawn away from Cooper as a Bob-omb approached. Chi didn't remember seeing anyone else in particular last night apart from that show-off Lil' Spark, but he assumed the fellow must have been there.

Uh... good morning. How can I help? he asked the guy.

((Cooper knows Morse. It was part of his training as a guard.))
Captain Combusken
Captain Combusken
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:50 am

Looking at the Yoshi, the bomb made a gesture towards the bar and stood his ground. Hopefully the Yoshi understood his intentions, it's hard being a mute, temporary waiter.

(The bomb unfortunately does not know Morse, I mentioned that earlier a little bit after the Puni entered.)
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Combusken Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:55 am

Chi was confused. He didn't quite understand what the Bob-omb was trying to say. He also didn't get why he wasn't speaking. The Bob-omb seemed to be gesturing towards the bar.

Do you want help getting up here or something? I'm not a waiter, if you wanted a drink or something. It's kinda a silly job in my opinion. Not enough helping save people from difficulty.
Captain Combusken
Captain Combusken
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:05 pm

The bomb calmly shook his head and made an angry face at the mention of a waiter being a silly job. He wasn't really annoyed nor angry, but if the Yoshi was smart enough he'd make the connection that the angry face was because he said that being a waiter was a silly job, then figure out what the bomb was here for.
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Combusken Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:11 pm

The Bob-omb made an angry face, and Chi was confused once more. Was it something he'd said, or something?

Uh, Chi, dude, I think this guy is a waiter dude here or something, said Cooper.
Ohhhh, right! You want to know if we want anything? Well, ok, what is there? I wouldn't mind some breakfast.
Captain Combusken
Captain Combusken
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:20 pm

Glad to know he got the message across, his face returned to it's normal look. The bomb nodded, yes he was in fact the waiter.

...at the mention of wanting to know what is available the bomb mentally smacked himself. He forgot to grab menus! Tapping his foot once, hoping they'd understand he meant for them to wait, he went back towards the bar and once again jumped up onto the stool in front of the Pianta bartender. As he waited once more the the Pianta to notice him, he decided that he should probably get a uniform or something later, it would make things a whole lot easier because then he could be identified as a waiter. That was a matter for another time though, for now he needed to retrieve a menu.

Last edited by Shailsnic on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Todd Ingram Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:30 pm

Paulo saw the enigmatic Bob-omb, and meandered over to him.

Hey, little buddy! Are you getting an order for someone, or do you need something else?

Last edited by Todd I. on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Todd Ingram
Todd Ingram
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:35 pm

The bomb looked in another direction than the Pianta, hopefully the Pianta would get the idea he should look away.
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Todd Ingram Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:37 pm

Paulo nods sagely.

Ah, I got it. You only like to leave notes when you're not watched. Well, I'll give you your indiscretion, then. You're a stand-up guy, so I trust you!

He turns, and hums to himself as he polishes a glass.
Todd Ingram
Todd Ingram
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next