Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dire Dire Situations

+12
BigBurkhart
arcaneScribbler
poizaz
sonic3535
turtleOracle
Dreamscythes231
truebug
Shailsnic
CrimsonMage
Harvest Ty
Todd Ingram
LoganAura
16 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Dire Dire Situations - Page 2 Empty Re: Dire Dire Situations

Post by Shailsnic Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:24 am

CrimsonMage wrote:I would not want to see an Everclear Star corrupted by Dire, that's for sure.

And maybe the music box isn't infused with flow or something we haven't seen. Perhaps it's actually infused with DIRE and every time it turns on the Dire within him grows, putting him into a trance the whole time.

If that was the case then the Dire wouldn't still be a single pixel.
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamscythes231 Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:17 pm

And if that was also the case B.B must already gone into a berserker rampage of madness.

Wait.
Dire is power.Shine corrupted with Dire is madness....

B.B is MAD WITH POWER!!!!!?????

Oh no.
Dreamscythes231
Dreamscythes231
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:13 pm

Hey...Um...Do you think Boo Buddies was an effect of Dire activated by the soda?
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:37 pm

Probably more of him being a boo and exploding.

I think it's funny how this is all about B.B.. Harvest Ty sent us on a theorizing rampage about him. It seems even more curious as to how gS (character) left right before we were about to ask him about the speck of dire. It's almost as if he has a secret...

Wait, why did he use Dire on B.B?
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:41 pm

That's why I said we should persue him!

Sorry. B.B.'s are only example of Dire useage so he's kinda a big Dire theorizing maker.

Well B.B. did turn purplish when he exploaded...and seemed a little moodier. :'/
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamscythes231 Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:30 am

It's a boo thing and who wouldn't be moody if they actually see themselves. I mean, don't you have things you hate about yourself? Think about how if you were faced with your actual self.

We haven't seen the effect of Derail...er....Dire Humor yet IN ENTIRETY.
That's why the speculation is wanton.

Dreamscythes231
Dreamscythes231
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by poizaz Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:22 pm

To whoever wants to suggest using Dire seriously:

It's like a ball of deadly sharp and bad things on a length-changing chain on a stick. If you flail about with it without knowing how it works, very bad stuff happens. If you know what you're doing, there's a chance that bad stuff might not happen. We are way to unexperienced to swing the deadly evil flail of Dire humor. There's no soulsmith that I know who is. Just leave it alone!
poizaz
poizaz
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

http://mspaforums.com/member.php?1094615-poiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamscythes231 Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:43 am

^^^That.

Also,from what we are seeing, Dire isn't an emotion or a trait.
It's power.
Corrupting powerful power.
Power in soul form, but at a price.

From what we know...
Dreamscythes231
Dreamscythes231
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:03 am

So, essentially, Dire is "the essence of chaos"? "Entropy"? Murphy's Law made meta-/sorta-physical? ...Semi-sentient cancer?

Why are people so keen on speculating about the horrid stuff? I'd rather stay far, far away from it. After all, it was clearly said that, if used when making a character, it has a very high chance of INSTANTLY KILLING THEM RIGHT THEN AND THERE, and even if they survive, it's essentially a cursed existence. Are we really that cruel? What if this all were real? Would you really ever want to chance doing that to someone whose entire existence was in your hands? How terrifying would it be to see someone ripped apart from the freaking SOUL out right in front of you? That would be utterly terrifying!

So yeah, Dire is SO not for me. ...Sorry if I'm being preachy/"too immersed"/whatever... It's late and I dunno why I'm not sleeping and my weirdest, deepest ideas tend to hit me at this time of night/morning/mor-night...
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:04 am

arcaneScribbler wrote:
So yeah, Dire is SO not for me. ...Sorry if I'm being preachy/"too immersed"/whatever... It's late and I dunno why I'm not sleeping and my weirdest, deepest ideas tend to hit me at this time of night/morning/mor-night...

Trust me, you're not, we had this HUGE moral arguement a long time ago when SCHISM first activated.

EDIT: okay, so looking back it wasn't all that big, but there were still many of us questioning the ethics of doing it while others were just making comments about how dark it seemed.
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:13 am

Like how I came up with the idea for a clinic for giving people who've undergone Schism therapy...?
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:20 am

arcaneScribbler wrote:Like how I came up with the idea for a clinic for giving people who've undergone Schism therapy...?

Yeah, like that, except what we were thinking at the time Schism was activated was that we were literally destroying the very fabric of his soul. We were trying to figure out if we were going to be taking all of it or not, what parts we SHOULD take, if we should take them at all and if not then somehow find a way to repair it, if we were going to take the parts of his soul to make it fit our own needs which is even in its own right considering that's changing the very essence of a person, etc. etc.

I haven't read the clinic topic yet (sorry) but what I assume it does is that it's pretty much a counseling office that pretty much says "hey man, you got problems, tell us about them and let us help you." or something like that.

EDIT: just read the clinic, pretty much we were wondering every single question that was provided within the post describing the clinic.

Last edited by Shailsnic on Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBurkhart Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:31 am

Ok, I think I see a bit of a problem with the line of thinking some people are having.

Firstly, remember that dire humor is simply POWER. Pure, unadulterated POWER. Power itself is not evil. How power is used dictates how it is viewed. It can be used for good or evil, but power itself is neither.

The best example that I can think of is the Triforce. (Legend of Zelda) Ganon is a superb villain, and yes, he indeed is very powerful. However, he gets his strength from the Triforce of Power, which he used to change the land to his own whims. If the triforce was given to someone who didn't have such evil ambitions for it, that person could change the land into someplace more pleasant.

However, something else that's true about power is control. Power is really only useful to someone if they can handle it. Otherwise, it tends to (sometimes literally) explode in a dangerous manner. Power without control is what leads to the berserk trigger and other negative effects of the humor. Truly dangerous.

That said, Dire Humor is something to be respected and treated with the absolute most caution. It shouldn't be feared, but treated like what it is, which is a volatile, dangerous substance that shouldn't be used in almost all cases.
BigBurkhart
BigBurkhart
Long, robotic arm of the law

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamscythes231 Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:33 am

Nicely said Burkhart.

So now we know the actual essence of Dire.

And I think I now know why B.B even has Dire, think about it, a protagonist whose very soul NEEDS raw power....then I am REALLY scared of the BIGGER BAD because there is no way Sasha is the Big Bad. maybe at her current form no.

Now back to the purpose of the thread.
So guys, if an item is infused with Dire(if that guy would even ALLOW us to infuse it with Dire)
Does it have a probability of exploding at a whim?
Dreamscythes231
Dreamscythes231
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by poizaz Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:58 am

I can burn down this house!
I can light up a mouse!
I can make a whole ton of fire!
The heat will go higher and higher!

The item will make somebody go mad with power if used wrong. See my poem above for what happens when you put it in a fire flower incorrectly.
poizaz
poizaz
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamscythes231 Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:11 am

Wouldn't a Fire Flower with Dire just be a Marioverse interpretation of a nuclear warhead?
Dreamscythes231
Dreamscythes231
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by poizaz Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:17 am

Dreamscythes231 wrote:Wouldn't a Fire Flower with Dire just be a Marioverse interpretation of a nuclear warhead?

No, it would be a nuclear warhead slingshot.
There's not much of a difference, though.
poizaz
poizaz
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBurkhart Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:10 am

There's no guarantee that you can even infuse an item with dire. My guess is that the item will simply wither because it cannot contain the substance you put into it. If you put Dire into a fire flower, it will probably smoulder into a pile of ashes. Refer to what I said about power and control. Control is what makes power useful. Power is how you enforce control. Power without control quickly dissipates, and control without power is easily taken away.
BigBurkhart
BigBurkhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamscythes231 Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:42 am

Hmmm...good point.
So potentially Dire could only be held by living beings because it's power in soul form and only living beings has actual control over anything.
Wow, that's some really inflexible Dire. We also know that a soul capsule will not contain Dire, heck it might just increase it's corrupting powe-

wait...just a scary thought.
Dire in a note soul capsule. Able to corrupt everyone he/she/[insert prefered gender pronoun here] meets.And from what we are seeing, a drop is the best any soul could hold Dire and not be an extremly scary villain OR die instantaneously.
Dreamscythes231
Dreamscythes231
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by turtleOracle Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:22 am

So about power and control...

The best combination for using dire is probably Logos + Valor + Dire (used in the same soul, not mixed !). Logos is about reasoning, and when you come to think about it, reasoning brings Control, and especially control over yourself, avoiding the Dire to takeover he character's own personality.

Valor is made for brave, pure-hearted knights, just the ideal to avoid Dire's corruption.

This is only an hypothesis, but I think it could work.

Last edited by turtleOracle on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
turtleOracle
turtleOracle
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamscythes231 Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:15 am

Note, Logos is Reasoning,Deduction,Order,and Memory BUT it is also Obsession, Emotionlessness, Superiority Complex in essence. and valor is Courage, Composure, Independence BUT is also Stoicism, Callousness, Reticence.

I could plainly see those humors potential of corruption. If any else, it just makes a very smart corrupted villain with an overblown ego and is callous, along with the power of Dire in dangerous amounts. the safest way of dire is STILL only a drop, and that is not yet sure.

Though a character with those humors without dire could still be a villain.
Dreamscythes231
Dreamscythes231
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by truebug Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:58 am

Using dire is a matter of whether it is worth the consequences, and being able to use it in such a way that it minimizes them.
truebug
truebug
Conspirator
Conspirator

Back to top Go down

Post by hector212121 Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:16 pm

BigBurkhart wrote:There's no guarantee that you can even infuse an item with dire. My guess is that the item will simply wither because it cannot contain the substance you put into it. If you put Dire into a fire flower, it will probably smoulder into a pile of ashes. Refer to what I said about power and control. Control is what makes power useful. Power is how you enforce control. Power without control quickly dissipates, and control without power is easily taken away.

WAIT. HOLY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU---------
DIVINE(?whatever its actually called)=CONTROL!

DIRE+DIVINE(?)=CONTROLLED POWER!
hector212121
hector212121
Novice Smith
Novice Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:33 pm

Dude why are you so obsessed with Divine? It's probably never going to happen and it doesn't even have a reason to exist. :'/
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:35 pm

So rather than what I believed, Dire = Corruption and imaginary-Divine = Purity,

it's Dire = Power and imaginary-Divine = Control...

...So basically it's a case of mind over matter, or mind over, uhh, mind...?

Everything in moderation- for example, certain substances that are highly poisonous in any other situation can be used for medicine when handled just right and in the proper amount(s).
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum