Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life is Hard

+7
LoganAura
Dreamscythes231
Unclever title
Zylo
Todd Ingram
CrimsonMage
gestaltScribbler
11 posters

Go down

Real Life is Hard Empty Real Life is Hard

Post by gestaltScribbler Mon May 20, 2013 9:19 pm

So, I'm sure everybody at this point has noticed that ECN updates have slowed to a crawl. I wanted to post here and let everybody know why. After graduating college and being thrust into real life, things have gotten really stressful and pretty difficult. I'm not exactly in an area where graphic designers are known to thrive (or be paid very well, really). I still haven't been able to find full-time employment, even outside of my field. It's a rough economy, people. I took it upon myself to learn a bit of html and css, and am now working on a portfolio site for myself, and as simple as the site is, my total lack of knowledge and need to learn everything from the ground up has been an arduous task, and has taken up a lot of my attention. Also, with the wedding coming up, there's been a lot of stress and a lot of planning going on. Long story short? There are many things competing for my attention right now, and poor, poor ECN doesn't always claim the top spot.

Unfortunately, this means that updates may come a little slowly for a while. As much as I'd love to give ECN the time it deserves, I just can't at the moment. I'll do my best to get updates out as frequently as possible, but I have to give my attention to more pressing matters when life calls for it. You guys are incredibly supportive, and I know this won't phase you, but I just want you to rest assured that it won't be this way forever. It's just a hectic time that calls for a little less fun time and a little more serious business. Love all of you guys. Thanks for being such awesome readers.
You got this
gestaltScribbler
gestaltScribbler
Conspirator
Conspirator

https://pmecn.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Real Life is Hard Empty Re: Real Life is Hard

Post by CrimsonMage Mon May 20, 2013 10:23 pm

It's perfectly fine. As awesome as it is, ECN is just a webcomic on a computer screen. I will never expect it to take priority over real life.

Thanks for creating such an awesome comic and update as little as you need in order to deal with real life.
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Todd Ingram Mon May 20, 2013 10:27 pm

Happens to everyone. I'm glad you've got your priorities.
Todd Ingram
Todd Ingram
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Zylo Mon May 20, 2013 11:38 pm

Just means more fan series will be created to fill up the void, and then community will grow. Then ECN will update and all will cry out in joyous harmony.
Zylo
Zylo
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Unclever title Mon May 20, 2013 11:42 pm

No problem whatsoever, turn that focus where it needs to be!
Unclever title
Unclever title
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamscythes231 Tue May 21, 2013 12:57 am

CARRY ON CREATOR!!!!
WE WILL BE ROOTING FOR YOU!!!!!
:cuteshyla:
Dreamscythes231
Dreamscythes231
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by LoganAura Tue May 21, 2013 10:09 am

GS, Life comes first. We'll be here for you through and past your stressfull times Smile
LoganAura
LoganAura
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by gestaltScribbler Tue May 21, 2013 3:51 pm

Update: I now have a website. www.davidburner.com
gestaltScribbler
gestaltScribbler
Conspirator
Conspirator

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic3535 Tue May 21, 2013 4:44 pm

I love the site! Two (hopefully helpful) notes: There's a typo near the bottom of your About page: "her" should be "hear". Also, the Work page is a 404, but that may simply be because of the "under construction" status of the site.

Keep doing great things, and we can't wait to see what's next!
sonic3535
sonic3535
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by gestaltScribbler Tue May 21, 2013 5:03 pm

Fixed the typo, not sure why the work page would be down. It's up for me, though it has misloaded once or twice during the day. It may be my host.
gestaltScribbler
gestaltScribbler
Conspirator
Conspirator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Tue May 21, 2013 5:57 pm

Zylo wrote:Just means more fan series will be created to fill up the void, and then community will grow. Then ECN will update and all will cry out in joyous harmony.

Yeah, this is pretty much exactly what will happen.

In any case, goodluck on finding a job dude.

gestaltScribbler wrote:Fixed the typo, not sure why the work page would be down. It's up for me, though it has misloaded once or twice during the day. It may be my host.

Well it 404'd for me at first, then I clicked it again and it worked just fine really.
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Eversor Fri May 24, 2013 5:39 pm

I spent a year out of college unemployed after graduating in Graphic Design, living from friends house to friends house, doing small commissions and odd jobs under the table to make it through the months.

Its been 3 years since then, things have stabilized a bit, but I now rarely get time to do work that is something entirely my own. I know exactly the spot you are in, and even though I live where designers supposedly do well, getting your foot in the door is like winning a lottery. You almost get to the point were pleading others to let you do work for them seems like a advantageous position. You are taught to create but not enough teaching about how to sell yourself...you'll have a rough road ahead of you.

But you got a really supportive community here and you should give them a some steady content, you have something great here, and letting it fall to the wayside for even a bit would be a shame, keep you nose to the grindstone if possible. Even while juggling all the things life has to throw at you these people will wait but only for so long. Heck these people who probably buy merch from you if you had it, but anyways, you got some big hurdles ahead of you. Push on bud!
Eversor
Eversor
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamscythes231 Sat May 25, 2013 9:25 am

THE SITE ROCKS!!!!

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I am still not used to how awesome your art is..

Dreamscythes231
Dreamscythes231
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic3535 Mon May 27, 2013 7:34 pm

Eversor wrote:Heck these people who probably buy merch from you if you had it, but anyways, you got some big hurdles ahead of you. Push on bud!

YES. I mean, if you weren't sure, I'll definitely buy things, if you put stuff up somewhere.
...And once I get money (which is soon!).
sonic3535
sonic3535
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Zylo Mon May 27, 2013 9:59 pm

I would probably be a part of the merch train as well. though I would hold off on the merch for now as ECN isn't big enough yet to make that a viable thing.
Zylo
Zylo
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Tue May 28, 2013 8:09 pm

Oh gS it is cool! :')
Real life always takes priority!
I will wait happily for return! :'D
Until then we have Zylo and Capt C!

Also you have a pretty cool site. I do not know if it is just me though, but the text seems hard to read against the background. But it flows together really nice!
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by gestaltScribbler Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:54 pm

Hey guys!  I know I haven't been on here in a while, but I'd like to give you guys a progress update.  Life has been crazy lately, to the point that I really just haven't had any time for anything that wasn't a necessity.  After months of struggling, I finally have a few job prospects (thank the Lord), one of them I interview for on Monday.  My wedding is in less than a month, so there's a ton of stuff to do and not a lot of time to do it in.  I don't want you guys to think that I've forgotten about you, though.

Both this community and the comic mean the world to me.  I'm sort of Babe Ruth'ing t here (calling the shot, ah'yuck), but I'm going to update tonight.  Possibly more than once.  For the first time in weeks, I have a little free time on my hands.  Guess where it's going?  I'll post an announcement here when I throw the update up.  Time to wade through the suggestions and get my bearing again. :realbb: 
gestaltScribbler
gestaltScribbler
Conspirator
Conspirator

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:25 pm

No need to rush, take as much time as you need. We'll just be waiting.

These forums may be in hibernation, but we have not forgot about you either.
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:36 pm

CrimsonMage wrote:No need to rush, take as much time as you need. We'll just be waiting.

These forums may be in hibernation, but we have not forgot about you either.

Wise words from a wise man. They are also correct words as well.
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum