Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Workshop Thread: For characters in the works!

+16
sournote103
Zylo
BigBurkhart
turtleOracle
poizaz
Captain Combusken
Saint Game
truebug
cephalopodAscendant
Harvest Ty
gloomyMoron
CrimsonMage
LoganAura
Shailsnic
arcaneScribbler
Todd Ingram
20 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Workshop Thread: For characters in the works! - Page 7 Empty Re: Workshop Thread: For characters in the works!

Post by CrimsonMage Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:16 pm

Okay, out of the ones listed I got down to four main ones and their traits. Just need to work out the profile now.

Logos 35%
+Reasoning
+Deduction
+Order
-Obsession
-Supriority Complex
Mend 25%
+Compassion
-Insecurity
-Envy
Vision 30%
+Innovation
+Focus
-Introversion
-Tunnel Vision
Insight 10%
+Ambition
-Perfectionism

Any suggestions?
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Workshop Thread: For characters in the works! - Page 7 Empty Re: Workshop Thread: For characters in the works!

Post by Harvest Ty Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:19 pm

I have to say at the very least you've made a really balanced profile.
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:29 pm

Looks good, Crimson! ...Wow, we really are quite a bit alike. Hehe. I don't really have any suggestions though, sorry.

I do, however, have "Pudini" (name still tentative...), complete with a picture and a repost of my earlier post since no one really answered me. Shorry. x.x; Still waiting on feedback for Puuntail's revised recipe too, I think... But hey, it's nighttime, might as well let the creepiest Puni of the bunch have his spotlight. ...It's in the spoiler, and I added in an example of his disturbing tendencies. AKA that unnerving quote of his I came up with late last night/early this morning.

Spoiler:

Incidentally, I think Dupli-Puni is actually my first creation to NOT have a Soul Capsule. Huh.
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:33 pm

Hey...guys why can't characters have 5 humors?

Waluigi has 5? :'O
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:34 pm

I don't think it has ever been said we can't have five. Correct me if I am wrong.
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by LoganAura Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:35 pm

CrimsonMage wrote:Okay, out of the ones listed I got down to four main ones and their traits. Just need to work out the profile now.

Logos 35%
+Reasoning
+Deduction
+Order
-Obsession
-Supriority Complex
Mend 25%
+Compassion
-Insecurity
-Envy
Vision 30%
+Innovation
+Focus
-Introversion
-Tunnel Vision
Insight 10%
+Ambition
-Perfectionism

Any suggestions?

My only comment is that right now, you seem to have a pair of conflicting traits, you both think yourself above others, and think poorly of yourself.

As for 5 humors, 5 generally is where it gets more instable.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:36 pm

Didn't Burkhart already bring this up...? Something about explosions, I think... Also, Waluigi is an example of a FAILED character, isn't he?
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:37 pm

True, true, but what if he'd had turnabout or something else instead of dire? :'o
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by sournote103 Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:38 pm

2-4 humors is kind of the butter zone; it's easiest to make stable souls in that range.
Characters with only one humor are kind of not a thing as far as we can tell. Characters with more than five humors tend to be prone to being unstable.
So characters CAN have five or more humors, but it's hard to get it right at that point.
sournote103
sournote103
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:40 pm

I wouldn't actually attempt it myself, but it would be cool to see a successful 5 humor'd character.
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:40 pm

LoganAura wrote:My only comment is that right now, you seem to have a pair of conflicting traits, you both think yourself above others, and think poorly of yourself.

As for 5 humors, 5 generally is where it gets more instable.

I don't quite see them as conflicting. People can think of them as really good, even better than others, and yet feel insecure. Not doing something right or someone constantly being better than them can wreck their self-esteem while they still recognize that they are better than others. It's... complicated, but it can work in a character.

Last edited by CrimsonMage on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:11 am

It is quite possible for someone to simultaneously have an inferiority complex and a superiority complex. Just look at Equius Zahhak. ^.^;

Personally I think 5 Humors is probably doable, but just barely...
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by turtleOracle Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:07 pm

"...I need a towel."
-Equius Zahhak

Ok so here is a preview of my next character.

Spoiler:

Hint : It isn't a koopa ! (At least not exacly)
turtleOracle
turtleOracle
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:46 pm

Is that... one of those Sabrecats from Dragon Quest...?
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:56 am

Okay, not a koopa...

I'm assuming koopa's from prehistoric times had a different name then.
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by turtleOracle Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:09 am

Yeah, CrismonMage guessed alright !

Also, I love Dragon Quest, but the sabercats from it doesn't looks like my character at all, except for the teeth... :bbmspa:
turtleOracle
turtleOracle
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Unclever title Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:12 am

turtleOracle wrote:Ok so here is a preview of my next character.

Spoiler:

Hint : It isn't a koopa ! (At least not exacly)
Protokoopa?
Koopanderthaul?
Koopa Smilodontos?
Unclever title
Unclever title
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by turtleOracle Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:14 am

I don't know yet how to call it...

Thanks for the ideas !
turtleOracle
turtleOracle
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

Saber-toothed Koopa.
Saber-shelled Koopa.
Cro-Koopster.
Koopmagnon. Koomagnon.
Troopmagnon. Troomagnon.
K-Rex.
Cave Koopa.
Cave Troopa.
Lord Koopasaurus T. Bowser the First.
Koopasaurus Rex.
Troopasaurus Rex.
TyrannoKoopa.
TyrannoTroopa.

...I apologize for the flood of silly names.
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by awfulAlliteration Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:40 pm

So I'm kind of a newish reader, but I've been tinkering with the idea of a Shayde character who is a Catch Card salesman. He's quirky and a little creepy, but essentially harmless. I was thinking he'd be about 30% Turnabout, 20% Shine, 40% Logos and 10% Mend/Flow. Thoughts?
awfulAlliteration
awfulAlliteration
Novice Smith
Novice Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:50 pm

awfulAlliteration wrote:So I'm kind of a newish reader, but I've been tinkering with the idea of a Shayde character who is a Catch Card salesman. He's quirky and a little creepy, but essentially harmless. I was thinking he'd be about 30% Turnabout, 20% Shine, 40% Logos and 10% Mend/Flow. Thoughts?

First off, Mend/Flow = Relief. Thought I'd throw that out there.

Secondly, you're going to have to go into more detail regarding his personality and also regarding his recipe. I can't make an accurate analysis of the character otherwise. You should probably also go into detail about his backstory.

Now, while not needed because someone else can easily draw them. If you can draw up a picture or at least provide a description of their looks, that'd also be nice.
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by awfulAlliteration Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:00 pm

Shailsnic wrote:
awfulAlliteration wrote:So I'm kind of a newish reader, but I've been tinkering with the idea of a Shayde character who is a Catch Card salesman. He's quirky and a little creepy, but essentially harmless. I was thinking he'd be about 30% Turnabout, 20% Shine, 40% Logos and 10% Mend/Flow. Thoughts?

First off, Mend/Flow = Relief. Thought I'd throw that out there.

Secondly, you're going to have to go into more detail regarding his personality and also regarding his recipe. I can't make an accurate analysis of the character otherwise. You should probably also go into detail about his backstory.

Now, while not needed because someone else can easily draw them. If you can draw up a picture or at least provide a description of their looks, that'd also be nice.

Well I meant Mend OR Flow, but thanks for the tip.

I haven't really settled on specifics yet honestly? He's sort of a work in progress. Don't even have a name, really. The thought though is that he's a traveling salesman, selling one product after another in an attempt to get rich quick. He recently hit on the idea to sell Catch Cards to Soulsmiths (I came up with this whole system where Catch Cards can make an imprint of any soul's Template, but unlike a proper Template it can only be used once.). He figures that doing this could make a lot of money fairly quickly. He's sort of sleazy in his manner - like those guys who hang out in back alleys and sell watches to people. Friendly, but in a greasy, grubby sort of way.

I drew up a picture recently, where did I put it.... Here it is.
Spoiler:
awfulAlliteration
awfulAlliteration
Novice Smith
Novice Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:23 pm

Alright, I see him as three different ways from my tiredness and also from your description.

I can see him as a guy who would say "Hey kid, come here, I got something to show ya." and then would open his coat and have a wide variety of wears

I can see him as a businessman who can put on a happy face and pleasant attitude, but behind the backs of everyone secretly thinks they're all idiots. Hence Logos.

For both of those I would suggest removing Shine, Mend, Flow, and Relief. None of them would work. I would also suggest checking out the split-mixes in the wiki.

However, I also see him with the personality of this extremely obscure character. which would actually include both Shine and Mend, unlike the other two.

if you could clarify which you meant, that'd be nice. Too tired to actually figure it out on my own for some reason.
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by awfulAlliteration Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:27 pm

I envision him as a combination of the first two. He thinks that everyone is a sucker compared to him, but will readily accept their money, and will haggle and barter with them if that's what it takes to get their hard-earned coins.
awfulAlliteration
awfulAlliteration
Novice Smith
Novice Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:35 pm

awfulAlliteration wrote:I envision him as a combination of the first two. He thinks that everyone is a sucker compared to him, but will readily accept their money, and will haggle and barter with them if that's what it takes to get their hard-earned coins.

Alright gotcha, then removing Shine, Mend, Flow, Relief, etc would be a good idea.

Now, for that character you might want to check out Insight, Pragma, Concord, and Valor. Those seem like the best humors for your needs. Logos and Turnabout are definitely humors that would be used as well. Personally I believe that you should use Concord and Insight. It's your character however, so in the end it'd be your choice!
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next