Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Workshop Thread: For characters in the works!

+16
sournote103
Zylo
BigBurkhart
turtleOracle
poizaz
Captain Combusken
Saint Game
truebug
cephalopodAscendant
Harvest Ty
gloomyMoron
CrimsonMage
LoganAura
Shailsnic
arcaneScribbler
Todd Ingram
20 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Workshop Thread: For characters in the works! - Page 10 Empty Re: Workshop Thread: For characters in the works!

Post by Shailsnic Wed May 01, 2013 11:09 am

CrimsonMage wrote:I'm thinking of Puni-fying the name Percival, as in the arthurian hero.

Any tips on his personality or is it a good enough base?

Make him chivalrous and too much of a whiteknight. That's the first thing that comes to mind on my end.
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Workshop Thread: For characters in the works! - Page 10 Empty Re: Workshop Thread: For characters in the works!

Post by LoganAura Wed May 01, 2013 11:47 am

LoganAura wrote:All righty. I'm aware that this is essentially me asking for people to help create a 4-set of characters, but I don't really care.

I want to create a quartet based upon the 4 classical elements (I have a bit of an addiction to them).
Right now I know I want them to have soul capsules related to their element, specially shaped to be related to them.
Fire- Standard of Ardent in a fire shape
Water- Standard of Flow (Thanks todd) in a teardrop shape
Wind- Standard of Sanguine (Thanks Ty!) ( Shape?)
Earth- Standard of Aegis. In a gemstone shape.

Other than this, I'm drawing a blank of almost ALL THE THINGS.

I like adverting expectations a lot, so here's a bit of a note from the characters.

Fire: A cheep cheep with a flame-like design on their fins.
Water: A podoboo who's flame is almost in a waterdroplet shape.
Wind: A monty mole with winged shades.
Earth: A Paratroopa who wears a turtleneck that covers his wings most of the time.

I'm contemplating giving all of them Turnabout in a minimal dose but not really fond of the idea.

Additional things: I want them all to mesh with one another, so thinking of personalities that work well together's a must too. Earth right now I'm adding some Valor probably.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Wed May 01, 2013 6:31 pm

Shailsnic wrote:
CrimsonMage wrote:I'm thinking of Puni-fying the name Percival, as in the arthurian hero.

Any tips on his personality or is it a good enough base?

Make him chivalrous and too much of a whiteknight. That's the first thing that comes to mind on my end.

Yeah, I wanted to make him act like a hero, but only help people for recognition. Making him like what you said will fit right into that. I think I'm ready to construct his humor profile.
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by LoganAura Mon May 06, 2013 12:22 pm

LoganAura wrote:
LoganAura wrote:All righty. I'm aware that this is essentially me asking for people to help create a 4-set of characters, but I don't really care.

I want to create a quartet based upon the 4 classical elements (I have a bit of an addiction to them).
Right now I know I want them to have soul capsules related to their element, specially shaped to be related to them.
Fire- Standard of Ardent in a fire shape
Water- Standard of Flow (Thanks todd) in a teardrop shape
Wind- Standard of Sanguine (Thanks Ty!) ( Shape?)
Earth- Standard of Aegis. In a gemstone shape.

Other than this, I'm drawing a blank of almost ALL THE THINGS.

I like adverting expectations a lot, so here's a bit of a note from the characters.

Fire: A cheep cheep with a flame-like design on their fins.
Water: A podoboo who's flame is almost in a waterdroplet shape.
Wind: A monty mole with winged shades.
Earth: A Paratroopa who wears a turtleneck that covers his wings most of the time.

I'm contemplating giving all of them Turnabout in a minimal dose but not really fond of the idea.

Additional things: I want them all to mesh with one another, so thinking of personalities that work well together's a must too. Earth right now I'm adding some Valor probably.

All right, been a while but I've got a bit more down.
Earth, named Rocky, has Valor (Courage, Composure, Independence, Reticence, Callousness ), Aegis (Conviction, Security, Hope) and Logos (Reasoning, Deduction, Memory, Emotionlessness)
Wind, named Breezy, has Sanguine (Moxie, Contentment, Balance), Mend (Selflessness, Empathy, Compassion , Instability, Insecurity), and Shine (Optimism, Extroversion, Joy, Selfishness, Gullibility)
Water, named Tearie, has Flow (Peace, Calm, Patience), Vision (Innovation, Creativity, Focus, Introversion), and Relief (Generosity, Sincerity, Inner Peace, Inaccessibility)
Fire, named Burnie, has Ardent (Love, Anger, Zeal), Blithe (Vigor, Playfulness, Gregariousness, Flippancy) and Insight (Confidence, Ambition, Diligence, Arrogance, Tactlessness, Perfectionism)

This is still pending though.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Todd Ingram Mon May 06, 2013 5:43 pm

I'm impressed that none of them have any humors in common. It could make for an interesting bunch.
Todd Ingram
Todd Ingram
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by LoganAura Mon May 06, 2013 5:48 pm

I did that on purpose. These guys are really supposed to mesh with one another, and not really be that good as individuals, mainly meant to balance each other out.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Todd Ingram Mon May 06, 2013 9:58 pm

That being said, each character should still have defining characterisitcs that make them able to function, to star in their own stories. That was something I aimed to do well with Portabella Outpost, and that (in my own opinion) I somewhat neglected when working on Twigfeld's Cornucopia.
Todd Ingram
Todd Ingram
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by LoganAura Mon May 06, 2013 10:13 pm

Hm....
Honestly that's sort of not how this quartet would work. I was mostly wanting them to shine because of how they bounce off of the others, but if you go with that...
Rocky's a good leader, able to keep a level head no matter what circumstances arise.
Breeze on the other hand is sort of a big-brother esque character. While Rocky's a leader,Breeze stands beside them and helps lift them up.
Tearie's a mediator, mostly able to step between people, (Rarely since she prefers solitude) and calm them down, finding a good midle ground.
Finally, Burnie's got passions. Passions socially and passions that he has the drive to go forth and do.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Todd Ingram Mon May 06, 2013 10:52 pm

These are good. A four-character group often ends up with a different dynamic than a five or three person group does (TvTropes has loads to read on the subject). You've made some progress in that dynamic here, with the characters working with and without each other. We'll see how they end up.
Todd Ingram
Todd Ingram
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by LoganAura Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:14 am

All right, I'm going to have to hold off on the quartet, primarily because I'm going to add a 5th person, make them humans, and POSSIBLY write a story about them if I have the time/desire.

So, instead, I'm going to head to the die roller, get a species, humors, and such, and see what I can get.

Edit: A blooper with 2 parts mend, 2 parts Vision, 1 part Ardent, and one part flow... I'm tempted to keep it like that, since I'm not too fond of Sublime in my characters.

Double Edit: Aaand a doom aspect to think about :?
LoganAura
LoganAura
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by LoganAura Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:48 pm

Guess who's back, back again. Guess who's back, tell a friend!
That's right! The guy who made ~ 50 fancharacters is going to work on that blooper (Finally)
LoganAura
LoganAura
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Todd Ingram Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:11 pm

Spoiler:

A little something I threw together to celebrate the comic coming back to regular updates: my first new fancharacter!

Anyone care to guess the species?
Todd Ingram
Todd Ingram
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:01 pm

I am at a loss, Todd. A bandit?
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Todd Ingram Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:05 pm

Well, he's on the wiki now, so it ain't so secret anymore. He's a Grunt, an enemy that showed up in one level during Yoshi's Island.
Todd Ingram
Todd Ingram
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by LoganAura Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:29 pm

Right, sooooo I've been sitting on that blooper for so long I don't remember anything. Instead, I'm currently working on a story and using the humor listing is a good guideline for the characters!

Right now the mix for one of the characters is the following:

30% Concord
40% Pragma
30% Logos

Still mulling over their exact traits.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianBurger Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:42 pm

Oh lordy lordy, long time. I have just not been able to find the time to do this extensively, but lucky for me, I kept all my old ideas(for the most part) and would like everyone if they could help me with a character.

This is what I originally had for this guy:
Name: (Chuggin') Charlie

Species: Huffin' Puffin

Humors: Ardent, Insight, Shine Dominant Humor: Insight Recessive Humor: Shine

But as BigBurkhart said, I should focus more on character than profession. Though I loved the idea of him wearing a conductor's hat, I started thinking that he would just be a really jovial and playful type, one who'd love to entertain people especially children and be a Mr.Dress-up type. Mainly right now I'm thinking of changing his humors to
- Relief
- Flow
- A dash of Shine
- a Note of Blithe to inspise playfulness in others.

I was originally thinking about a Heart, but decided that Note would work a bit better. Thoughts? Suggestions? Other such things?
ChristianBurger
ChristianBurger
Novice Smith
Novice Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10