Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the Soulsmiths live

+4
Purple Walrus
LoganAura
Todd Ingram
sournote103
8 posters

Go down

Where the Soulsmiths live Empty Where the Soulsmiths live

Post by sournote103 Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:00 am

So it just occurred to me that we don't really know where the Soulsmiths live and hang out or what its location is relative to where the characters are. Is it some weird place within the same world? Is is another "plane" or dimension in the same universe? Is it a completely separate universe and the star chests just break the laws of physics more than anything else in the adventure?
Additionally, do you think this will ever be important in the story?

Personally, I think it's probably another dimension of the universe the characters are running around in. Still, I don't feel like there's particularly strong evidence for any case.
sournote103
sournote103
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Where the Soulsmiths live Empty Re: Where the Soulsmiths live

Post by Todd Ingram Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:05 am

It's a dimension/realm that takes place on a timeline that is different from the timeline of the Mushroom World. This is how we can create characters with backstories, and interact with them at later points in their life instead of when they were just babies. We can "change" the timeline by making characters with pasts, from perspective, but from the perspective of the Mushroom World, those events have always been a part of the timeline.
Todd Ingram
Todd Ingram
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by LoganAura Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:05 am

I think of it as a parallel dimension, that lies sort of tangent to all other dimensions. There's some ways to actually visit it, Chet Rippo being in both the Marioverse and the Soulsmithverse as an indication.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple Walrus Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:23 am

Well, Tune Up is so big that captiousCreative doesn't actually know how much of it "occupies the same dimension". So each shop could have its own pocket dimension. As for where the Soulsmiths live, maybe they live in their shops?
Purple Walrus
Purple Walrus
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:04 am

For some reason, in my head I picture, like, a big college campus-y sort of thing, or a gated community, or, umm... I have no clue. I do think the soul smiths-- including us-- live on either a separate plane from the Mario-verse or in some super special isolated kingdom/country within the world, but somewhat removed from it, though. And that it must be possible to travel between the two 'worlds'.
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamscythes231 Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:50 pm

We live at a rundown motel called the Salty Cockrouch and have made a pact to each other to work together to survive. Kinda like Rent...oh wait...wrong realm.

I think another dimension pretty much.
Dreamscythes231
Dreamscythes231
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Combusken Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:52 pm

In The Soulsmith's Hanbook they kinda live in their own Universe. And the universes of the worlds are separate ones that the Soulsmith universe has the unique ability to interact with.
Captain Combusken
Captain Combusken
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:14 pm

This is actually a good question. We do see shops and stores and the storekeepers to say they are "moving in," expressing some sort of physical action. However, we access all of these stores through a mechanical devise! Perhaps he do live in the Mario universe and are affecting the world around us through a mechanical device connected to another universe, one who has mastered the art of soulsmithing.

Or, you know, the E.G.O. just allows us to communicate with the shops with a skype-like system.
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamscythes231 Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:22 am

Probably a skype like system.....but that doesn't explain why the person owning Tune Me Up actually acknowledged the possibility of helping us? He could have said that your not really here....We teleport through the E.G.O? and every shop is actually a pocket dimension? Might explain why trueBug needs help with those tea, except of course her busy self with the shop, but she could find someone probably like Annabelle and gS to look after it.
Dreamscythes231
Dreamscythes231
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum