Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brand New Forums: What Needs Done?

+14
Captain Combusken
Dreamscythes231
sonic3535
Shailsnic
truebug
Harvest Ty
sournote103
turtleOracle
gloomyMoron
Purple Walrus
Todd Ingram
LoganAura
cephalopodAscendant
Admin
18 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Brand New Forums: What Needs Done? - Page 2 Empty Re: Brand New Forums: What Needs Done?

Post by truebug Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:00 pm

also: a ruleset would probs be a good idea

Not that most forum etiquette isn't common sense nowadays, but it's nice to have a reminder.
truebug
truebug
Conspirator
Conspirator

Back to top Go down

Brand New Forums: What Needs Done? - Page 2 Empty Re: Brand New Forums: What Needs Done?

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:01 pm

I'd imagine the rules from the MSPA Forums would work pretty well. There may be a couple things we'd want to tweak, but there's no reason not to keep the basics consistent between the two sites.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple Walrus Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:53 pm

Okay guys, I think I pretty much got all the fan art and put it all in a thread. It's also in chronological order.

Let me know if it is good or not.

Purple Walrus
Purple Walrus
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by gloomyMoron Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:04 am

Suggestion:

Change the reply colors of the current theme from "Off-white" and "Light Peach" to more contrasting colors. It is currently hard for me to tell when one reply has ended and the next has started because the colors are fairly close to each other at a glance. They blend together too well (that was a thing I liked most about the old pre-split MSPA boards, as it made it easy to know which was what).

Also, if at all possible, could you switch the Name and Avatar to the left side instead of the right? It is really throwing me off and making it difficult to tell who said what sometimes.
gloomyMoron
gloomyMoron
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic3535 Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:32 am

I don't mind the avatars being on the right, but I'm okay with it switching, too.

There's a typo on the front page: "fellas"

Oops, I made my own avatar because I felt left out. Feel free to replace it with an official one, though, because official avatars are official Smile

Time to start finding appropriate and fun uses for each of these new zodiac smilies. Any ideas :mysterycard:
sonic3535
sonic3535
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:13 am

We now have ranks! Look at those stars.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://pmecn.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by LoganAura Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:14 am

I see a big star Razz but I'm curious what all of the ranks are. GET ALL THE RANKS!
LoganAura
LoganAura
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by gloomyMoron Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:20 am

25 members and over 200 posts in less than 24 hours.

"Well, that escalated quickly." /reference
gloomyMoron
gloomyMoron
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamscythes231 Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:46 am

What does the ranks mean? And why is trueBug's moving like rainbows?
Is this like Dora and those stars?
Dreamscythes231
Dreamscythes231
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by LoganAura Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:49 am

Dream: They're different levels of posting. Depending on how often you post, your starts will light up.
True's are rainbow because she's a "conspiritor" for the adventure.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamscythes231 Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:52 am

Wait, why does Admin(gestalt) have no stars? Wait, does that mean his avatar would light up?
Dreamscythes231
Dreamscythes231
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by LoganAura Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:52 am

I.... don't know.
Different group I think.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:53 am

I actually just haven't gotten around to making an avatar for myself. I have a separate "gestaltScribbler" account.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:27 am

Ahh that explains your username!

Also WOOOOOOOOO!
Neeeeeeew Raaaaaanks! :'D
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Combusken Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:19 am

Might I suggest fusing Fan art and RP forums and calling it "entertainment"? Also a Fanventures/Fancomics subforum. For fanfics, fanventures and fancomics.

Additionally, I'd like to enquire as to how you guys have got these awesome avatars? Because Clyde is cool and all, but I'd really like one of my dudes, like Chi for instance.

Oh, and I don't know if I can make threads? I tried in gen disc. and it didn't work.
Captain Combusken
Captain Combusken
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by LoganAura Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:31 am

Well, Fanworks is where those fan-things go, a subforum specifically for that sort of thing.
gS had done all of the avatars (And I am grateful for that~)

And to make a thread, you go to that subforum and click "New Topic"
LoganAura
LoganAura
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:09 am

I made my own avatar. Still not nearly as awesome as the work gS has done, but it's something. If you really want your own character as an avatar you may want to do that.
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple Walrus Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:08 pm

So I have noticed some words are randomly becoming weird links to ebay and bizrate. Words such as avatars, humors, scarf and Furret become links.

This only happens when your logged out though, which is strange.

Purple Walrus
Purple Walrus
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:04 pm

*actually didn't realize Admin is GS at first* I feel kind of silly... Umm, can we request avatars...? But, umm, if that's going to make more work for GS, never mind. ^_^;
Also, does art of, say, our Soul Smith selves count as fanart section-wise, or is that only for canon character fanart?
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by LoganAura Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:09 pm

Ooooh, I think that would count as Fanart, since there's been a couple pieces of that done.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:10 pm

Yeah, I think that's fine in fan-art. I also just created an avatar thread here: https://pmecn.rpg-board.net/t22-avatar-thread . Check that out for more info on avatars.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gloomyMoron Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:15 pm

Purple Walrus wrote:So I have noticed some words are randomly becoming weird links to ebay and bizrate. Words such as avatars, humors, scarf and Furret become links.

This only happens when your logged out though, which is strange.

That's the down side of Free Forum Software. If you noticed, sometimes you see that a "Bot" is browsing the forums in the "Who's Online" bit. It's a Google Spider Bot coming in and assigning ads and links to things (also scanning for potential viruses).
gloomyMoron
gloomyMoron
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple Walrus Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:46 pm

Well that explains it, thanks gloomy.
Purple Walrus
Purple Walrus
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:14 pm

I was thinking, could we change the Notification system to not auto-watch every topic you post in? It justs wastes space when it starts to get like 150+ of them and you never have a reason to check.
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by gloomyMoron Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:19 pm

There is a setting for that in your Profile.
gloomyMoron
gloomyMoron
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum