Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Workshop Thread: For characters in the works!

+16
sournote103
Zylo
BigBurkhart
turtleOracle
poizaz
Captain Combusken
Saint Game
truebug
cephalopodAscendant
Harvest Ty
gloomyMoron
CrimsonMage
LoganAura
Shailsnic
arcaneScribbler
Todd Ingram
20 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Workshop Thread: For characters in the works! - Page 5 Empty Re: Workshop Thread: For characters in the works!

Post by Harvest Ty Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:17 pm

Vision grants introversion, which isn't shyness, but more of a person who likes to be by themselves. There aren't really that many. Concord is good for anxiety(Just because a humor is said to be good for _s doesn't mean you have to use them, like you can apply the humor for certain traits that are wanted like you were saying with concord.
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Workshop Thread: For characters in the works! - Page 5 Empty Re: Workshop Thread: For characters in the works!

Post by poizaz Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:00 pm

Harvest Ty wrote:
poizaz wrote:I had an idea for a boo photographer. He's shy, hiding in walls to sneakily get the perfect picture. Also, he has a ghostly antique camera which he brought to the grave and he somehow has it's ghost.

Well visions a good start with maybe Creativity as a boon and introversion as a negative(Him prefering to be alone).

What else do you want about him?

I'd like him to be sneaky. Of course. I'd also like him to be easy to startle. Also, he'll be sepia. Like his camera.
poizaz
poizaz
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

http://mspaforums.com/member.php?1094615-poiz

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:12 pm

poizaz wrote:
Harvest Ty wrote:
poizaz wrote:I had an idea for a boo photographer. He's shy, hiding in walls to sneakily get the perfect picture. Also, he has a ghostly antique camera which he brought to the grave and he somehow has it's ghost.

Well visions a good start with maybe Creativity as a boon and introversion as a negative(Him prefering to be alone).

What else do you want about him?

I'd like him to be sneaky. Of course. I'd also like him to be easy to startle. Also, he'll be sepia. Like his camera.

So he's Puuntail minus the panicking? Lol, just kidding, or rather I meant the sneaking, really. ;D

Being sneaky requires planning and plotting, I think... Logos'd probably be good for him to go with the Vision (speaking of Vision, one of its negatives is "Tunnel Vision"-- that might be good for contributing to the easily startled part). Insight might be good as well. ALSO YAY FOR MONOCHROME/MOSTLY-MONOCHROME CHARACTERS.

...Hey, maybe I should add some Insight to Puuntail, actually... (+ Diligence, - Tactlessness?)
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by poizaz Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:19 pm

I'm envisioning him hiding in a wall, looking through his camera's viewfinder, and peeking the camera out slightly for a better picture. And then he hears footsteps and leaps back in fear.
poizaz
poizaz
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:47 pm

Nooo idea. ^.^; That might be, umm, Anxiety, perhaps?
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by poizaz Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:30 am

Yeah, seems about right.
poizaz
poizaz
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:05 am

X'D
I had the strangest idea of a living peachy peach that got zapped by that spell that reanimates things(Like Bowser's skelly). He'd have grown a torso similar to a mushroom stalk and his leaves would become his mustache.

Not sure on the humors though.
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by turtleOracle Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:59 am

What... ? A living Peachy peach ?
This is... uh... THE BEST IDEA EVER !

Anyways, I came here to tell you about the Trashure I am smithing.

So, if you remember, he already has a PM Sprite made by myself :
Spoiler:

But he hasn't a recipe yet ! Now it's done :
Spoiler:

Grade A Insight (50%) :
+ Confidence
+ Ambition
- Tactlessness

Grade B Sanguine (40%) :
+ Moxie
+ Balance
- Detachment
- Fool-hardiness

Grade S Valor (10%) in a star soul capsule :
+ Courage
+ Composure

I have basic ideas about his personality and his backstory, but I yet have to make those more precise.
What do you think about this ^^ ?
turtleOracle
turtleOracle
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Todd Ingram Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:02 am

We should be adverse to making characters with Star Capsules right now, as we don't know what it is they do. A Note or even a Standard Capsule might work just as well with you.
Todd Ingram
Todd Ingram
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by turtleOracle Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:26 am

Actually I did it because of the star-shaped keyhole distinctive sign he has.
And I think we could ask gS about Star Capsules.
turtleOracle
turtleOracle
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by LoganAura Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:48 am

Star capsules are also super special awesome rare.
I'd say make it a "Star-Shaped Standard"

Edit: I've also sort of made two characters last night while doodling in iscribble.

Cookie the Bob-omb, a self-concious and sort of downer. (Changed her recipe slightly
Insight: Ambition, Diligence, Perfectionism
Vision: Tunnel Vision, Introversion, Creativity, Focus
Concord: Perception, Intuition, Depression, Anxiety.

And Cee-Cee the Cheep Cheep, a crazy catfish lady who treats everyone like her grandchildren.
Shine: Joy, Optomism, Naivite, Insanity
Ardent in a <3: Love, Zeal
Sublime:Individuality, Imagination, Melodrama, Abstraction,

Cookie is a baker, and almost always makes mistakes in her cookies, or so she sees. In reality her cookies are delicious and perfect in every way, but she's always seeing small flaws in them.

Cee-Cee is a homefishie who spends time with her catfishes and treats everyone warmly.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:45 pm

LoganAura wrote:And Cee-Cee the Cheep Cheep, a crazy catfish lady who treats everyone like her grandchildren.

Yes. YES. All of the yes-es. Harmless!/Not!Antisocial!Crazy Cat Lady + The Lady You WISH Was Your Grandma = Everyone's Favorite Female Senior Citizen in the Neighborhood.

Because not only is she nice to you, it is likely her cat(fishe)s will be too, and yaaaay kitties~!
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by LoganAura Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:24 pm

You might not like her though. She and her fishes eat bugs. Sometimes the fishes find Punis >: )

jk not really.

Edit: we need a sinister smiler Sad
LoganAura
LoganAura
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:34 pm

Hmm...
Mr. Tartzee
A Turnanout 20%
?Secretly likes to eat fruit
?Napolian complex

40% C Ageis
+Security
-Pride
-Stubborness

20% B Sublime
+Individuality
-Vanity

20% B Logos
+Memory
-Obsession

Mr. Tartzee...Is well someone you.d rather not meet. A Peachy Peach brought to life by an accidental misfiring of a reanimation spell, the rather rude Tartzee came to life. Nobody knew this of course and the peach ended up setting out intl the mystetious world alone.

Being the only living Peach Peach, he feels rather special and Proud, above them all, but still wants to protect those fellow pachy keen friends. He tends to attack local establishments, stealing all the Peach peaches he can. Occasionally he also steals Lemons and eats them(Man he loves lemons. But he has no need for food, being a plant).

If you cross Mr. Tartzee, he will never forgive you, swearing to hunt you down to the ends of the Mushroom Kingdom and beyond to enact his revenge upon you. He may not get you today, but his pride and stubborness will keep him from ever giving up.

...X'D

Last edited by Harvest Ty on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by LoganAura Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:36 pm

Sublime: Humors generally give at least 1 positive no matter what
Napolean complex: It's more of an inferiority contest than anything.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by truebug Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:37 pm

turtleOracle wrote:Actually I did it because of the star-shaped keyhole distinctive sign he has.
And I think we could ask gS about Star Capsules.
No star capsule, man. They're literally impossible to get. I GUESS a star-shaped standard would be okay, but it would make things a bit confusing -- so finding a different shape might be a better idea. D:

eta: if you have a really small amount of a low-grade humor, I see it being possible that you only get the negative trait! That's just my headcanon, though -- but it would partially explain why having too many humors in one character is a bad thing (since you would have a bunch of small proportions).
truebug
truebug
Conspirator
Conspirator

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:03 pm

I wonder how Mr. Tartzee would react if he met Puuntail during Spring (meaning when his back-leaf is either Keel-Mango-colored or Peachy-Peach-colored, lol)...

@TrueBug ...Wait... Does Mario have a Star Capsule because he is one of the Star Children ( http://www.mariowiki.com/Star_Children )? If so, does that mean that Mario, Luigi, Peach, Donkey Kong, Wario, Bowser, and Yoshi ALL have Star Capsules in their Recipe? Or maybe, even... A different one of the Primary Seven Humors in each of said Capsules?

Mario has Shine, so...

...Okay, time to create a speculation thread!
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by turtleOracle Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:06 pm

Okay then, I suppose I have to change Chester's recipe then.

And I might do something as crazy as the living Peachy Peach for another character !
turtleOracle
turtleOracle
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by LoganAura Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:07 pm

No, Bowser has no capsule in his recipe.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by turtleOracle Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:09 pm

Has we seen Bowser's recipe ? I don't remember when...
turtleOracle
turtleOracle
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:10 pm

I don't either.
I only remember Mario, the Shadow Queen, and Waluigi
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by LoganAura Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:12 pm

Yep, it was when people were commenting how "Dire must be a Villain humor." I think it was True or burk who actually posted it
Bowser had... Ardent, Logos... I forget what else. It's somewhere in the thread.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:19 pm

...Yeah, but... It's a pretty interesting idea, and it WOULD make sense if it were a thing. 7 Star Children, 7 Primary Humors. Gonna stop talking about it here, though, since I made the thread for it already.
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by gloomyMoron Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:17 pm

Meet Hunka.

Workshop Thread: For characters in the works! - Page 5 Hunka

Hunka B. Luv
Species: Bob-omb
Zodiac: ???
Likes: Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwiches, tropical places, and music.
Dislikes: Doctors, silence, and being ignored.

Recipe:
About 55% Grade A Vision
+ Creativity
+ Innovation
- Tunnel Vision
About 40% Grade C Ardent
+ Zeal
- Irritation
About 5% Grade A Shine (Note of Shine capsule).
+ Extroversion

So, I know a bit about his character... but mostly I just know the hit songs he wrote. Such classics as "Heartbreak Castle", "(Let me be your)
Brother Bear", "Bursting Love", and "A Big Hunka Luv".

:mspa:
gloomyMoron
gloomyMoron
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Todd Ingram Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:18 pm

Elvis bob-omb. Elvis bob-omb is good bob-omb.

Was this rolled?
Todd Ingram
Todd Ingram
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next