Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Workshop Thread: For characters in the works!

+16
sournote103
Zylo
BigBurkhart
turtleOracle
poizaz
Captain Combusken
Saint Game
truebug
cephalopodAscendant
Harvest Ty
gloomyMoron
CrimsonMage
LoganAura
Shailsnic
arcaneScribbler
Todd Ingram
20 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Workshop Thread: For characters in the works! - Page 6 Empty Re: Workshop Thread: For characters in the works!

Post by gloomyMoron Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:21 pm

Todd I. wrote:Elvis bob-omb. Elvis bob-omb is good bob-omb.

Was this rolled?

I just rolled for the Ardent. I actually started to draw this on iScribble last night, decided I wanted to do it, and then went to roll for humors until I was like... "Duh. Shine and Vision are pretty much essential, but what else?". So, I rolled and got Ardent, which made perfect sense in hindsight.
gloomyMoron
gloomyMoron
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Workshop Thread: For characters in the works! - Page 6 Empty Re: Workshop Thread: For characters in the works!

Post by Todd Ingram Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:28 pm

I feel like I've seen a lot of Ardent/Shine/Vision recipes. Especially for artists and singers. Although, to make those characters, I guess those are pretty necessary humors.

If you think you can do something original with it (maybe use some traits of the humors that haven't been explored in other characters), then by all means go full hog. But if you want to try something a little different, maybe exchange Shine with Sublime, Blithe, or Sanguine. Those are all Shine mixes (i think) with slightly different effects.
Todd Ingram
Todd Ingram
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:29 pm

pffffft ahahahaha elvids bob-omb aaaaaaaaaahhahahhaaha this is adorsble and hilariouss al at thiw siame time!!!1

I feel like he could maybe use a bit of Sublime, but that's just me. I think you should give him at least a liiiittle more Shine, though, too.
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by gloomyMoron Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:41 pm

Workshop Thread: For characters in the works! - Page 6 Hunka2

Like mewh?
gloomyMoron
gloomyMoron
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Todd Ingram Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:48 pm

Interesting. I'm looking forward to the writeup to see how they all fit in.

Someone who inspires others to express themselves...
Todd Ingram
Todd Ingram
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:45 pm

Interesting character. Music of some sort seems to be a popular quirk.
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBurkhart Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:07 pm

LoganAura wrote:Yep, it was when people were commenting how "Dire must be a Villain humor." I think it was True or burk who actually posted it
Bowser had... Ardent, Logos... I forget what else. It's somewhere in the thread.

That recipe is not official. When I posted that picture, I was explaining what my best guesses were for Bowser's recipe and why, so no, Bowser's recipe is still uncertain.
BigBurkhart
BigBurkhart
Long, robotic arm of the law
Long, robotic arm of the law

Back to top Go down

Post by LoganAura Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:17 pm

Ah, I'm sorry about that. I do remember that it made a lot of sense, so I got confused. My apologies.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:12 am

arcaneScribbler wrote:
Workshop Thread: For characters in the works! - Page 6 Puuntail-DrawnbyTrueBug
Spoiler:
Name: Puuntail
Species: Tapuunki (Puni + Tanooki; Base Template = Puni)
Mod(s): Super Leaf
Zodiac: Love
:lovecard:

Humor Recipe:

??% ? Grade Logos Logos Humor
+ Order
+ Memory
+ Deduction?

??% ? Grade Relief (Split-Mix: Flow Flow Humor + Mend Mend Humor )
+ Generosity
+ Sincerity
- Naivete?
- Inacessibility (still not quite sure what this one means)

??% ? Grade Shine Shine Humor <= Think I might swap this with something else?
+ Optimism
- Gullibility?

...Hey, maybe I should add some Insight to Puuntail, actually... (+ Diligence, - Tactlessness?)

Okay, so. Reworked him a bit. Think I'm gonna go with:

??% ? Grade Logos Logos Humor (BASE HUMOR)
+ Order
+ Memory
+ Deduction?
- Obsession (sort of)

??% ? Grade Relief (Split-Mix: Flow Flow Humor + Mend Mend Humor )
+ Generosity
+ Sincerity
- Naivete?
- Inacessibility

??% ? Grade Insight (Split-Mix: Aegis Humor + Vision Humor )
+ Diligence
- Tactlessness

??% ? Grade Valor (Split-Mix: Flow Humor + Aegis Humor ) Deluxe Capsule: Keyhole
+ Independence
- Reticence
LOCKED: + Courage, + Composure

So! No more Shine whatsoever, replaced with Insight, and a Keyhole Capsule of Valor so that this poor kid can perhaps some day no longer be afraid to wear his own face. Very Happy How does this look...?

Also, I had more ideas for Dupli-Puni, and have suddenly come up with the tentative name Pudini (pun of Houdini) for him. So...

Name: Pudini (tentative)
Species: Dupli-Puni (Puni)
Mod(s): Dupli- and/or Invisibility (limited) <= meaning he can become invisible for limited periods of time

Personality Synopsis/Quote and a bit of Backstory: "Hehehehe~... What do I like to doooo~? I like to watch scary people~. AND THEN I LIKE TO BECOME SCARY PEOPLE~. It's so much fuuun~. Hehehehe~! Oh, and I like to smile, too~. Smile, and poof, and WATCH. YOU. SCREAM~. Heheheheeheeheeeee~! Ohhhh, the look on your face~... Wonderful, so wonderful~! This is so much fun~!"
TL;DR: He scaaaaares meeeeeeeeeeeeee. TT^TT He's also a bit nicer than he sounds/acts, as he actually learned his duplication skills (as in, he can identity-thief like, well, his teacher, rather than just imitate) from the master not-Mario of Flurrie's famous Paper Mario act, Doopliss, so that he could offer to take Puuntail's identity so he 'wouldn't have to hide anymore'. Puuntail, being Puuntail, refused, saying that 'he wouldn't wish the misfortune of being him on anyone'. Speaking of Puuntail, Pudini might actually be his brother, or at least his cousin. Like Puuntail, Pudini was rejected by his parents for his unsettlingly spectral appearance (btw he was given his hat by Doopliss and the stars actually fade in on his skin as he ages, so said appearance =ed ghostly white skin, demonic eyes, and demonic mouth at the time) and odd powers (at first he could only mimic people's faces, incidentally), though, unlike Puuntail, he wasn't quite so scarred by it, instead finding solace with the rest of the weird-as-heck Punies of his generation and honestly not giving a dang about what his birth-parents thought of him. He did go scare the living daylights out of several Puni couples soon after returning from his training with Doopliss though (by turning into a Pider and chasing them all over the Great Tree like no Pider should be able to), so he likely got revenge on his parents, Puuntail's parents, and any other parents who were cruel to him or his "freak family", regardless of whether his parents and Puuntail's parents are the same people or not.

Occupation(s): Owner of the Mushroom World's/Kingdom's most successful Haunted House, Traveller (watches over Puuntail in secret), Monster Spotter (he loves to go observe the strongest, scariest beings he can find so that he can imitate them. Not the safest hobby, but hey, it definitely turns out some impressive results! Would YOU want to mess with someone who could turn into, say, Hooktail, ON A WHIM?)

Humors:

Here's where I need some help.

He definitely has Turnabout Humor, and NOT in a capsule for once, because I want the not-harmless creepy it can bestow when not isolated. Also Shine Humor for cheeriness and INSANITY, hehehe~.

Buuut I'm not sure whether I should use either Ardent Humor or Sublime, because A, I'm not even all that sure he even needs a nasty temper, but B, adding Sublime might be overdoing it on the Shine a bit...

Also not sure whether I should do either Relief or Mend (just a bit, regardless of which!) because I do want him to be caring deep down. He's very protective of his little 'freaky family'.

Last edited by arcaneScribbler on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:10 am

Relief is more for a generous character, while Mend is more for understanding. A small dose of Mend would likely be better in my opinion.

Sublime isn't exactly Shine, but more of a character who can overreact to things, find uniqueness in themselves, etc. This is good for actors (Like in it's description)

I personally feel like Ardent wouldn't fit. :'/
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by Zylo Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:25 am

gloomyMoron wrote:Workshop Thread: For characters in the works! - Page 6 Hunka2

Like mewh?

Pompadour... yes.... hell yes. Twisted Evil
Zylo
Zylo
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:01 pm

Spoiler:

Quoted re-post in the spoiler above... Wanted to make sure people actually got/get a chance to see it since it kind of got lost at the bottom of the page before this one. -.-;

Also, yeah, I probably will stick with a splash of Mend for "Pudini"/Dupli-Puni for now.

I'll probably add in a picture of him later today when I'm back at my computer and can grab his vector-ified self from my Puni Pile WIP (lol yes, with the exception of Puuntail, all of the Punies there will have their bodies fully drawn regardless of whether or not they're visible by the time the WIP is finished).
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Todd Ingram Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:10 pm

Have you considered using Sanguine instead of Ardent or one of the other split mixes you mentioned?
Todd Ingram
Todd Ingram
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:15 pm

@Todd: yes, I did look at Sanguine as a potential Humor for Dupli-Puni, but it didn't really seem to fit to me. Or at least, when I initially looked at it it didn't. Um, what do you think it would do for him? After adding in Sanguine as an option, my current setup for him is:

DEFINITELY Shine Shine Humor
DEFINITELY Turnabout Turnabout Humor
Maybe a splash of Mend Mend Humor / Relief (probably not?)
Maybe Sublime / Sanguine (how would this work??) / Ardent Ardent Humor (not very likely at all)

I'm pretty sure he needs at least two Humors not including Turnabout to even have a workable recipe, so he will end up with a mix of either 3 or 4 Humors. Just not sure that, a setup like, for example, mostly-Shine-and-Turnabout plus just a little bit of Mend would be stable enough.

EDIT: Stupid. Stupid. Stuuuupiiiiiid. Me! He's got Duplighost powers and actively seeks out BOSS BATTLE enemies to learn to duplicate them; he needs Logos! So, maybe...? (Logos and Shine in equal proportions, serving as co-base Humors...?)

30% ? Grade Shine Shine Humor (CO-BASE HUMOR)
+ Extroversion
+ Joy
- Insanity

30% ? Grade Logos Logos Humor (CO-BASE HUMOR)
+ Memory

25% ? Grade Turnabout Turnabout Humor
+ Quirkiness/Uniqueness
- "Disturbing Tendencies"

15% ? Grade Mend Mend Humor
+ Empathy
+ Compassion
- Instability

Last edited by arcaneScribbler on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wow I'm an idiot HE NEEDS LOGOS)
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:56 pm

Okay, so I decided I wanted to create a soulsmith avatar. However, due to the fact that I am too much like arcaneScribbler's Punelipi and I do not want to copy her, I am creating a character that is slightly different from me. I'm not really sure where to start and as such I have come here.

My one request is that my avatar is in some form smart. I do not mean genius level, but sort of smart, due to the fact that this is one of my traits that I like the most. So, where do I start?
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by LoganAura Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:04 pm

Well, first things first is what sort of smarts do you mean? If you mean book smart, trying to a Logos oriented character (Due to the nature of logos) would be helpful. More social smarts have humors like Sublime.

What other traits do you think you have? Try glancing at humors and saying "Ok, I'm like this. Like this. Like this" etc.

I originally gave myself 7 humors that I felt like I fell under, then I cut it down to 4.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:08 pm

Book, I'm horrible with social situations.

So I cut it down to this list:

Logos (definitely)
Aeigis
Mend
Flow
Vision
Insight
Relief

I think I can work from this list.
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:41 pm

CrimsonMage wrote:Okay, so I decided I wanted to create a soulsmith avatar. However, due to the fact that I am too much like arcaneScribbler's Punelipi and I do not want to copy her, I am creating a character that is slightly different from me. I'm not really sure where to start and as such I have come here.

My one request is that my avatar is in some form smart. I do not mean genius level, but sort of smart, due to the fact that this is one of my traits that I like the most. So, where do I start?
Wh-why would you feel like you were copying me if that's your actual personality...? ( @^.^@; ) If anything I was unknowingly copying you! Also why do I feel so weirdly flattered by this...? x.x; Then again, Scribbs/Soul Smith Me is far more taciturn and overprotective than I am, so I guess I understand the whole 'making your self-character at least a bit different than real-you' thing... ...Also I am the same way: book smart, no real IRL social skills. -.-;
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by gloomyMoron Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:51 pm

What are these Social Skills that people have been speaking of? Are they anything like Social Studies or RPG Skill Trees?
gloomyMoron
gloomyMoron
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by sournote103 Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:52 pm

gloomyMoron wrote:What are these Social Skills that people have been speaking of? Are they anything like Social Studies or RPG Skill Trees?

My sentiments exactly.
sournote103
sournote103
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by truebug Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:22 pm

They are remarkably like RPG skill trees actually
truebug
truebug
Conspirator
Conspirator

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:28 pm

gloomyMoron wrote:What are these Social Skills that people have been speaking of? Are they anything like Social Studies or RPG Skill Trees?
No, no, no, it's just any Skill that uses your CHA stat. Like Diplomacy or Bluff. I've never actually seen anyone use one before, though.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:34 pm

Pffft ag aha sga had aaa ash haaaa. ... Oh boy exerts blotchy typos because using my phone.. This ia the best. Beeeest.

Edit: Whoops, lemme translate that from phone entry with Sype being annoying to English:

"Pfffft ahahahahahahahahahaaaa. .... Oh boy, extra glitchy typos because I'm using my phone... This is the best. Beeeest."
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:02 pm

The way I see it, social skills are like a box of chocolate dice...
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:03 pm

Well dude the only real advice I can give is to list out traits of humors you share in common with(Which you did)

Now you have to think! Reguarding both good and bad traits of a humor, which ones BEST describe you.

Sure you may be calm or lazy(Flow) usually. But is that a HUGE defining of who you are as a person? Is that something people are yourself knowingly know as a huge part of yourself?
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next