Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Workshop Thread: For characters in the works!

+16
sournote103
Zylo
BigBurkhart
turtleOracle
poizaz
Captain Combusken
Saint Game
truebug
cephalopodAscendant
Harvest Ty
gloomyMoron
CrimsonMage
LoganAura
Shailsnic
arcaneScribbler
Todd Ingram
20 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Workshop Thread: For characters in the works! - Page 8 Empty Re: Workshop Thread: For characters in the works!

Post by Eversor Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:43 pm

I have a challenge for one of you smiths!

I want to see the "SPECIALEST SNOWFLAKE."

I am talking everything that is Mary Sue. It should have a character based off yourself, atleast two other videogame references (one outside of nintendo), It should have a weapon/magic of unfair godly power. Each eye should be a different color. It needs atleast +5 different humors, +2 capsules, Dire Humor and a unique Anti-Dire Humor. Then the backstory needs to be extra-tragic and yet explain how everyone loves/adore them.

Can someone do this?! It is quite a challenge!
Eversor
Eversor
Senior Smith
Senior Smith

Back to top Go down

Workshop Thread: For characters in the works! - Page 8 Empty Re: Workshop Thread: For characters in the works!

Post by BigBurkhart Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:51 pm

Eversor wrote:I have a challenge for one of you smiths!

I am talking everything that is Mary Sue. It should have a character based off yourself, atleast two other videogame references (one outside of nintendo), It should have a weapon/magic of unfair godly power. Each eye should be a different color. It needs atleast +5 different humors, +2 capsules, Dire Humor and a unique Anti-Dire Humor. Then the backstory needs to be extra-tragic and yet explain how everyone loves/adore them.

I think you just gave me an ulcer. Shocked

(Also you forgot that the character has to have a magical girl transformation and become super happy magical smile kawaii uguu~)
BigBurkhart
BigBurkhart
Long, robotic arm of the law
Long, robotic arm of the law

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:56 pm

BigBurkhart wrote:

I think you just gave me an ulcer. Shocked

(Also you forgot that the character has to have a magical girl transformation and become super happy magical smile kawaii uguu~)

...I-I'm just gonna... go hide in the Puni Pile...... waaay over here (where it's safe...)...... ......T-tell me when it's over......?
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Todd Ingram Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:57 pm

I like the idea of a shady/Shayde businessman. We've had a lot of merchant characters, but not a lot of them with that sort of 'get-rich-quick' personality. It's also a good use of Logos outside of the bookish-scholar archetype, which I admire.

Have you considered Vision? It might have something to do with his "get rich" ideas, as well as providing the tunnel vision that makes him think that everyone else is a sucker (along with the Superiority Complex of the adeptly-used Logos).
Todd Ingram
Todd Ingram
Master Smith
Master Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by truebug Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:06 pm

I kind of want to make this a contest. Or at least, the topic of an iScrib / livestream session.
truebug
truebug
Conspirator
Conspirator

Back to top Go down

Post by LoganAura Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:07 pm

Oh god, please not a contest. How about an Iscribble session like right now, then NEVER. EVER. AGAIN
LoganAura
LoganAura
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by truebug Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:13 pm

I am pretty sure I could out Mary-Sue anyone here.

Maybe I will stream after my shower.
truebug
truebug
Conspirator
Conspirator

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:15 pm

Oh really? That depends. Do you want a Mary Sue that makes sense or a Mary Sue that doesn't?
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Shailsnic Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:58 pm

Normally I would accept this sort of challenge. However right now I still have to work on Album art, a comic, a Duplighost and Cheep Cheep, fanart for DOTT, reorganizing the wiki (which I should probably post a thread about soon.) and a couple of other things. So I am sorry, but today I will not be spreading the cancer.
Shailsnic
Shailsnic
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:38 pm

CHATACTER DUMP!

1#Bootleg Boorindi
~Shine 30%
+Joy
+Extroversion
-Gullibility

~Vision Standard Capsule 20%
+Creativity
+Innovation

~Aegis 30%
+Hope
+Conviction
-Stubborn

~Mend 20%
+Compassion
-Envy

2#Booser Boonrindi
60% Shine
+Joy
+Extroversion
-Gullibility
-Selfish

Flow 40%
+Calm
+Peace
-Complacency

The two are supposed to be brothers with Bootleg being the older brother. Bootleg becomes a theif figure over time stealing to support his little brother. He wants to take his Brother out of Rhythim City to Evergreen Forest but Lacks the money to do so. He tends to be a little jealous of those families who often have it good, but prefers to steal from richly types(I mean hey someone has to have morals! Even if there meager) Booser is the younger broother who relies on Bootleg for EVERYTHING. He ends up being spoiled to the core, and ends up with a feeling that his brother will take care of everything. He tends to keep Bootleg mellow and from doing stupid things (Though occasionally he can't help but want some shiny gadget...)

#3China's Goomba twin bro(1)

Turnabout 20% (Heart Capsule)

He's supposed to be a more punky goomba who likes things a little on the edge. He tends to take notice of those who defy the norm and often befriends these people. He also has a weird obsession with Xs.
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:16 pm

...Umm, so, I've got my Flower/Piranha Puni, Piruna, worked out enough to start trying to give her a personality... Also a solo picture for her~.

Piruna:
Spoiler:

Species: Puni
Mod(s): Flower/Piranha-Plant
Hometown: The Great Tree, Boggly Woods
Currently Resides in (also a bit of context): Keelhaul Key, but she often slips through the Warp Pipe there to gallivant around in Rogueport Sewers. She's friends with pretty much every Putrid Piranha Plant in Keelhaul Key, and 'Plant Type enemies' in general just seem to like her, though Piranha Plants lkke her the most, and she them. She can sit on the head of one she doesn't even know yet and it won't try to eat her!
Potential Occupation?: Perfume maker, sorta. My initial idea was for her to maybe be some kind of perfume maker or beautician/spa person, but then I realized she's probably going to be quite childish so her having a true 'job' probably wouldn't make much sense. As such, the Blooper-Puni who also lives in Keelhaul Key is the beautician/spa person and she helps make perfumes and lotions and stuff using her flower and also by asking the Plant-enemies she's befriended to donate some ingredients every once in a while.

Sooo she's the supplier/assistant of a beautician-sort-of-person. When she's not in Keelhaul Key, she's off traveling other places that have different species of Plant-enemies and befriending them, too.

Personality: Definitely gonna be cheerful, so she'll need Shine Humor, but other than that I'm really not sure... I figure she might be a little annoying to other people unless said people are children-- gets along better with plants and kids than anyone else, well, other than the other weirdo Punies, anyway-- and she just loooooves to explore. A very curious sort.

So, curious, friendly, childish, and... I have no cluuuueeee. The only other thing I have worked out about her is that, just like the Putrid Piranhas she's the same colors as (one of the reasons she settled in Keelhaul Key in the first place is because she had finally found somewhere where her appearance fit in), she has sharp, pointy purple teeth, and they are POISONOUS!

...Also she likes Pipes. And possibly annoying Pipet, if you're okay with that, Todd. :3

...So... help, please? Ideas on how to make her more interesting? Humor suggestions? Anything? ^.^;
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:21 pm

Maybe look into Blithe?

It's good for sociable puni's like her and would go well with the "Playful nature".

Sublime gives some chilldish natures like Melodramatic and Noisiness.
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:29 pm

Oooh. Those sound good. Also, I like China's twin brother. :3 I don't really have any suggestions for him or the other brothers right now though.
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by awfulAlliteration Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:42 pm

Okay so a couple days ago I was talking about a shady Shayde businessman? And I think I may have decided on a Humor balance. Tell me what you guys think.

25% Logos Humor - Clever and quick-witted, but obsessive and arrogant.
20% Turnabout Humor - Quirky and strangely likable, but can be very creepy at times.
15% Vision Humor - Creative, but has extreme tunnel-vision.
40% Insight - Confident, ambitious, and hard-working, but very very tactless.
awfulAlliteration
awfulAlliteration
Novice Smith
Novice Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:21 pm

Looks good to me, though I'm still pretty new to this, so I'm probably not the best source of advice... ^.^;

Which is his Base Humor? Insight?
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by awfulAlliteration Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:28 pm

Yes, Insight is his base - it forms the foundation of his personality, while the Logos and Turnabout help to flesh it out. I'm not sure if I should put his smaller dose of Vision in a capsule or not though, and if I should, which one.
awfulAlliteration
awfulAlliteration
Novice Smith
Novice Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by arcaneScribbler Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:12 pm

Well, Capsules tend to eliminate the negatives, so you may not wanna use them if you want severe tunnel vision, I think. All I really know for sure about how the capsules work is that if you put Turnabout in a capsule it keeps the quirks harmless. :/
arcaneScribbler
arcaneScribbler
5-Star Anvilman
5-Star Anvilman

Back to top Go down

Post by awfulAlliteration Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:46 am

Hmmm. Okay, thanks. May leave it on its own in that case. Unless there's a way to invert the Humor and make the negative more prominent, THEN put it in the capsule and remove the positive trait...?
awfulAlliteration
awfulAlliteration
Novice Smith
Novice Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:14 am

Nope, you could probably use a small dose of really low grade humor though,(Dgrade), for just a singular negative trait.

Last edited by Harvest Ty on Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by awfulAlliteration Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:13 pm

Noted. Thank you much!
awfulAlliteration
awfulAlliteration
Novice Smith
Novice Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:04 pm

Any advice for my characters above?
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by awfulAlliteration Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:07 pm

Oh, ah, well, I'm not really very experienced at this, but I think they look good. To my unprofessional eye.
awfulAlliteration
awfulAlliteration
Novice Smith
Novice Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvest Ty Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:10 pm

Thanks! :'D
But Moringo(China's bro) is still incomplete. :'/
Harvest Ty
Harvest Ty
Schism Rustler
Schism Rustler

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:12 pm

That reminds me, I had some characters I never finished. I'll try to make some progress on that either tonight or tomorrow night.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Junior Smith
Junior Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonMage Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:18 pm

Okay, I want to make one more character based off of a sketch I did. Basically all I drew was a Puni in a cape, but I can add more to the design later.

Basically in personality I have a heroic Puni that helps people because he wants to be a hero, not just because he wants help people. I have no idea where to go from there, suggestions?
CrimsonMage
CrimsonMage
Artisan Smith
Artisan Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next